Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Five On Twenty-Five

 DELANEY
 YOU
 ARE
 FIVE
TODAY!!!!!

Delaney Catherine,

You were born in my heart long before 1:39 a.m. on March 25, 2010.  You are growing into such a sweet and kind hearted little girl. It's hard to believe you aren't my toddler anymore.  Just this week, you were "accepted" into Kindergarten and that blows my mind!  When I just finished typing that sentence, you told me we are besties and we do everything together!  If only that could always be true! But we know those teenage years are ahead!  I don't know how old you will be when you read this but at 5 years old these are the things you like:

Hello Kitty
All things Frozen because you just can't "Let it Go"
HGTV (which cracks me up)
You are currently sitting next to me watching 19 Kids and Counting
You keep telling me you want a sister (which is never going to happen!)
Your meals are still limited to mac n cheese, butter noodles, french fries and chicken fingers (but you've started to like pepperoni pizza--just like your daddy!)
You love being outside
You love talking about and being around your famileeee (as you say it)
You love singing and can turn anything into a song and you are still singing Christmas songs
You LOVE LOVE LOVE going to school and your teachers love you so much
You speak Spanish to me and sometimes I have no clue what you're saying
You are still sucking your thumb like an infant and I'm not sure what we're going to do about that!
You have a very unhealthy competitive streak in you (you think EVERYTHING is a competition)
Your personality is beyond what I could have ever dreamed! You love to entertain and make people laugh
The two biggest things people always comment on is how you are always smiling and your incredibly insane vocabulary! It blows our minds! I don't even know where you learn such big words.

You are 100% just like your daddy and sometimes I call you David and you do NOT like that.  You love him so much and talk about him everyday! Just today you asked me if I was a teenager before daddy was!  You also talk constantly about our dog that died when you were two! You are obsessed with talking about him.

I could go on and on but it's past your bedtime and well, my show's coming on!!! Having you is just so much fun....everything else is just icing on the cake!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe this little girl is 5 years old. Last year I didn't want her to be 4, that seems like last month. She is the light of my life too! Please always share her with me, but no sister is coming from this mom either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I can't believe our Delaney is 5. When I look back at all the baby pictures, it seems like just yesterday that we were taking pictures of her in my pool. I can tell from your posts that she's a joy now, but I can't help feeling a bit nostalgic for those cute baby outfits and the 0 months to toddler years. Much love, Essie

    ReplyDelete