Monday, February 23, 2015

The Happiest Little Girl on Earth is Headed to The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

I can't wait to see Disney through the eyes of Delaney. I have the advantage of being an "old mom" which means I get to solicit advice from my "mom friends" who have "been there, done that". I was unanimously told not to go until she's five which is right around the corner (sniff, sniff).  I said all last year "we are going next year". And here it is, "next year".  After planning our beach vacation and family vacation to the mountains, I sort of dismissed the trip to Disney.  And the next thing I knew, our flights and hotel were booked!  We will be coming home from Disney and leaving two weeks later for the beach. Or what I now call "my vacation to recover from vacation".  David's friend told me "you are crazy".  I wonder if he just figured that out!

Now that our trip is booked, I naturally turned to Etsy for all of our Disney essentials...........


 An autograph book for the Disney characters


 Appropriate shirt for the plane ride


 Disney themed tote (minus the "Nana" of course--despite "Fred" at Sam's club telling Delaney to have her "grandma" (i.e. ME) take her to get a free chocolate chip cookie)


And personalized luggage tags


I know a lot of our blog readers have been to Disney so I am going to list all of the restaurants we have made our ADR's (I am having to learn "Disney lingo").  And FYI, that stands for Advanced Dining reservations!  We are NOT doing the dining plan.  I am also interested in knowing who has done the Memory Maker as I am a little undecided if I want it.

T-Rex (downtown Disney)
Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort)
Kona Cafe (Polynesian Resort)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom)
Be Our Guest (Magic Kingdom)
Flame Tree BBQ (Animal Kingdom-counter service recommendation)
Tusker House (Animal Kingdom)
Coral Reef (Epcot)

Somehow, I was able to get reservations for the exact days I wanted (we are not doing the Park Hopper Pass so that was a major accomplishment).  If you cannot make your reservations for the times you want online (or don't like to be told "no"-wink wink), call the restaurant as some do their own.  For instance, T-Rex only had 10:00 p.m. available for dinner which of course is well past Delaney's bedtime (do those exist on vacation??).  I called them and got the time I wanted (6:00 p.m.)!

We will be doing Magic Kingdom our first and last day and Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios in between.

WHAT ARE WE MISSING????

We also plan on doing the electric parade and the fireworks. And it goes without saying, yes, we will be going to the Castle to have lunch with the princesses (where I expect to eat Gold) and Delaney has an appointment at the Bippidi Bobbidi Boutique.  I will have a (well sterilized stroller) delivered to our resort from magicstrollers.com along with groceries from gardengrocer.com.

I haven't been to Disney since I was 3 (and ALL I remember from that trip was staying at the Polynesian and wearing a cute little peach, terry cloth romper).  I am so glad this time around I get to pick out my own clothes because peach is a HORRIBLE color on me!

Speaking of clothes.....I want to remember this text conversation.


I may have gone a little overboard buying Disney themed clothes in a 5T so it only makes sense we go this year!

2 comments:

  1. We took Zuri last year and I would recommend doing the Princess Makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Magic Kingdom and then dinner at Cinderella's Table. That was by far the best part, I think. Zuri loved getting pampered and then she got to meet Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, Aurora, and Snow White all at dinner. Cinderella greets you downstairs and you get a picture. Then at dinner, the other princesses come out and go to each and every table to talk to the kids and get pictures with them. It's expensive, but worth it. We were on a dining plan and it was 2 table dinner credits for each of us. I think the total would have been about $200 w/o that? The makeover was $200ish as well.....

    You will have fun and so will Delaney. Enjoy!!!

    Here's the post from our vacation: http://princesszurilane.blogspot.com/2014/10/disney-vacation.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. I made her Bibbidi Bobbidi appointment for evening so she didn't have to walk all around the park in her dress and "heels"......(we will then be going to dinner so she will be dressed up). I didn't even look into the dining plan because the thought of keeping track of "credits" gave me a migraine! LOL For 4 of us it is over $200 which is why I expect to eat GOLD! I will check out your post for sure!

    ReplyDelete