Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Good Things Come to Those who Wait (or, who refuse to pay full price)

There is something to be said for "cyber stalking" and I mean that in a purely online purchasing way!
I have been "stalking" this cardigan to go on sale and after a last minute "I"ll just check before I log off" moment, I discovered that it was! I just hope one thing, well, two, actually, make that three:

1.I can pull off the "southwest/aztec" look
2.It fits
3.And most importantly, it arrives by Valentine's Day!!!

Ok, make that four!
4.That it goes with my yoga pants! (But isn't that a given????)

And in other yoga pants news, when the contractor showed up (in the afternoon-----we work so well together!) I opened the door and he said "you look nice, you have your hair done and make up on".  Apparently he didn't notice the baseball shirt, yoga pants and tennis shoes! Then I got to thinking, he always comes in the afternoon, do I not have my hair done and make up on by the afternoon???? Maybe I need to re-evaluate when afternoon is..............the drywall is up and Delaney has finally realized our basement will NOT be pink!

And because you really want to hear about Delaney, here are some funny things she has said lately:

I told her that her cousin (a year younger) has stopped sucking her thumb and she said "well I could never do that, God wants me to suck my thumb because it gives me energy".  She says she is never going to stop sucking her thumb.....and I believe her!

The next day I said "do you remember Amelia stopped sucking her thumb"? She said "yes, but how much does she weigh"?

She went swimming over the weekend and when she jumped in she said "was that impressive"?


She saw that I kept an orange juice container and asked why.  I gave her the "just because" and she said "mom, that's called recycling"!

She was playing one of her games and I told her to turn it down and she said "mom, don't you want me to learn".  I said "yes, but you can learn in your playroom" (at least when Dr. Phil is on)

She told me she couldn't eat all of her apple at snack time because it was too sweet and the dentist told her she can't eat sweet stuff!

I gave her something for dinner she didn't want and told me it wasn't on her menu!

And in Delaney fashion news, we picked up this little capri jumper for our beach trip! Our flights are booked and we are counting down the days until our toes are in the sand........


Here is what three of us packed for a weekend trip (and yes, we just kept the cart in our room).  We may need to revisit the definition of packing light for a week at the beach!








No comments:

Post a Comment