Friday, February 27, 2015

"Mommy Newsom"




I love how these photos capture Delaney's personality.  She is without a doubt, the funniest person I know!  Before Delaney was born, I used to think "what will she look like", "what will her voice sound like" but I don't ever remember thinking "what funny things will she say".................Like

When we drove past what I hope will be her school she said "do you think they have a carpool line".  I told her if not, that was a deal breaker!

She asked me if I was excited to get the iphone 6 and said "do you think it will be too big for your hand"....

While we were both sitting in the recliner she said "we need to get a bigger chair, and a new sofa so we can snuggle".  We don't fit well together on either!


She has become addicted to HGTV and loves Beachfront Bargain Hunters, Love It, or List It, and her favorite is Fixer Upper.  She always wants to watch Fixer Upper and after watching it the other night she told me we should start FLIPPING HOUSES!!! I told her we need to get one project done at a time (i.e. our basement).  Here's a "progress photo"..............I know it just looks like a room with nothing but drywall but to me it is the most beautiful drywall I have ever seen! Paint and carpet (can you believe I have never bought carpet in my life!?! I am not a fan of carpet but I want it in the bedroom (through the doorway) and the living room area (the end where the windows are).  There are 23 boxes of tile just waiting to be installed (where the 5 gallon buckets are). I'll update as we go along (including the installation of surveillance cameras----I am no fool, someday I will have a teenager hanging out down there!).


I told her to drink her milk at breakfast and she said "but I don't want to go to kindergarten". (I tell her that she has to drink her milk to get big and go to kindergarten).  Another morning I poured her milk and she said "am I seeing things or is that milk"!

"You're being such a meanie, I"m sorry I said that but I am just too tired to clean up all of that mess by myself, I"m just a little girl and you should help me".  WORD FOR WORD PEOPLE!!

When I am mad upset with her I call her "Delaney Newsom".  She replied "Mommy Newsom".

I told her she was a lot of work and she told me "then maybe you shouldn't have had a kid".

The other night she told me "it must be hard being the parent of a kid".

No comments:

Post a Comment