Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Happy Hump Day

I had to start physical therapy this week and the therapist asked if my injury (to my ankle) was from a sports injury! When I finished laughing, I told him the only way that was possible was if I was walking too fast at the mall! Going to therapy is like going to the gym,  THERAPY IS NOT FUN! He uses what I have quickly named "the torture stick" and told me he has grown men who won't let him use it on them. IT HURTS! I am talking come off the table pain! I told him that labor pains didn't hurt as much! Of course he couldn't relate.

We were discussing the power ball and how someone is about to become a very rich person.  We all started talking about what we would do with the winnings and I jokingly said that if I won, I would pay the other therapists to hide the "torture stick" or just buy a new ankle and not have to endure his wrath!

An elderly lady came in after me and we all began talking and she said to my therapist "tu shay" and my therapist said "by the way, does anyone know how to spell that word, I've never seen it spelled".  And I said, "well yes, as a matter of fact I do because I just spelled it the other day (in my recent blog post) and my mother was ever so thoughtful to point out I spelled it incorrectly! But really, how many of you even caught that because aren't there some words that should just be spelled like they sound?? And then those words you say, but never have to spell? And, if you're wondering, it is correctly spelled "touche". And then the lady went on about how surprised she was that someone "as young as me" uses that word! And while I'm on the subject of age, the receptionist noticed that she and I were born in the same year and said "but I have grown children and you still have a young one to raise" which I translated to "you're an old mom".

So maybe if I win that power ball, I could pay to look younger? To be perfectly honest, I said "winning the power ball would never happen to me so I will just stay happy with what I have".  I mean can you imagine not being happy and fulfilled with this..............

And speaking of my "young one", about to turn FIVE, I just received her THIRTEEN page kindergarten application! And yes, you read that right, you have to "apply" to kindergarten these days! I'm pretty sure my college application was not thirteen pages! But, who can remember that far back.............I told my mom that I was done stressing over her getting into the school I want and there is only so much I can do. But who am I kidding, I have been stressing over her education since before she was born! 


No comments:

Post a Comment