Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I've Been Suckered.......

While Delaney was eating breakfast this morning, I ran to her room and borrowed money from her piggy bank.  I've been assured I am not the only parent who has done this.  What I didn't count on was her catching me...."Mommy, why are you taking money from my piggy bank?" (as it dropped on her floor).  "Delaney, mommy really needs a large diet coke in a Styrofoam cup from McDonald's this morning".  Then I felt bad b/c no one "needs" a coke, or do they??? I almost left her an IOU but then I got to thinking, where are MY IOU's???????

My "pregnant" Christmas I bought Dave the piggy bank b/c I really wanted to impress upon him how expensive having a girl was going to be!!!  And yes, I enjoyed every slurp of my diet coke!


I left the house without my cell phone which felt a little like leaving the house without my child.  I had physical therapy and several errands.  By the time I got home, I had missed a call and a text from Delaney's school.  Which of course meant I had a sick kid!  I was told she had a headache but no fever. I figured since they were calling they must have wanted me to come pick her up from school.  The teacher said "it's up to you"....they were headed to recess so I figured if Delaney was faking, surely she wouldn't do it BEFORE recess so off I went.  She had plans to go sledding after school (you see where this is going, yes??).....We barely walked out of her classroom when she said "I feel good enough to go to grandma and grandpa's".  Normally, I would have pulled the "oh no, if you're too sick for school, you're too sick for sledding".  But instead I pulled the "of course you're still going to grandma and grandpa's, mommy has lunch and movie plans today"!!!!!

About ten minutes after I dropped her off (I did manage to grab some Ibuprofen for the "alleged" headache) I got this.......................



And the text said "after 6 trips up and down, she's done.  She has no fear and had a blast".

I replied "let me guess, her headache's gone"????????????????

So it was a win, win! I got my "made at your table guacamole and Delaney got to sled (albeit at the expense of skipping recess).

No comments:

Post a Comment