Friday, November 25, 2011

tWeNtY???

People always say how fast kids grow up and I'm here to "show" you...........I feel like I put Delaney to bed looking like this.........................
and she woke up looking like this........................
According to the calendar, it's been 20 months but it sure doesn't feel like it. Someone recently asked me how old Delaney was and I said "20 months but it feels like 20 days". I am constantly amazed at how fast she is learning, developing and growing. Just yesterday, I was asked if she was talking....."uh, she's her mother's daughter of course she's talking". I used to be able to list each month her "new words" but I just can't keep up with her. For instance, today she said the following "new things"
  • "no more"
  • "dirty" (as she was putting her dirty clothes in her laundry basket)
  • and just about 2 seconds ago, I had to stop typing and go and get her more milk and when I asked her if she wanted more she shook her head yes and said "uh huh"
Another funny thing Delaney did today was when she was hugging her puppy dog and then I looked over and she was SMELLING ITS FEET!!! Then, she brought it over to me for me to smell its feet! This girl has a problem! Oh my land she is so much fun!!!!

Delaney Cat,

Tonight you sat on my lap and watched The Elf on the Shelf and it was so sweet. You did really well paying attention. I can't wait for you to name your Elf! You wake up in the morning and you are nonstop ALL DAY LONG. You make a mess ALL DAY LONG and I wouldn't have it any other way!! Since you were born I have called you random nicknames (boo boo bunny, boo boo bear---your daddy hated BOTH), Lou Lou, but lately, I have been calling you "presh" which is of course short for precious! The next door neighbors have new puppies (and NO, you are not getting one) and they were outside today and you stood at the window and pointed to them and said "puppy"---which I have never heard you say before! We went out to see them and you loved petting them---of course you did, you are fearless! You absolutely do not know a stranger and everywhere we go you talk to everyone! It really is "presh".........

Love,
Your mommy (which you are still calling me)

No comments:

Post a Comment