Thursday, August 25, 2011

Seventeen Months!

Did I really just type that? It feels more like 17 minutes ago this little girl came into this world!! She is into sooooo many things these days so I thought I would just illustrate with pictures (some you've already seen) like playing with the remote control(s)..............."Stripping" when she's in her crib................................
Playing with rocks........................
and mom's cell phone....................
I joke and say there are really only 3 things Delaney needs (other than food, clothing, shelter) and those are her BABY, BOOK and BLANKET!!!
She is such a curious little girl.......
who has started feeding herself with utensils...............
or not.................(and yes, she just got her THIRD haircut)
  • I don't know her official "stats" since we don't go to the doctor for another month so those are probably still what they were last month along with her "sizes".
  • Delaney has been sleeping incredibly long hours (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself) and napping really well in the afternoons. I am not sure if she's going through a growth spurt or not (I sure hope not!). She gets up in the morning and immediately has breakfast (cereal bar, banana, pancakes, oatmeal) and her milk. Then it's time to play!!! She can destroy the living room before I know it.
  • It's incredible how much she's changed just since last month. She has added some words to her vocabulary (yogurt, cracker, book and "uh oh" come to mind) and we are really in the phase of me saying "Delaney, can you say __". It's so cute to see what's going to come out!!! She has been saying "mamma" a lot but of course MOMMY is not in this kid's vocabulary! What am I Caroline Ingalls????
  • She went through this phase of tearing the pages from her books but lately she's done soooo much better with not doing that. She loves her books (or her version of that word) but isn't into sitting still and being read to she just likes to turn the pages.
  • She is doing much better about sitting still for her diaper changes (again, hopefully I didn't just jinx myself)
  • I am in a rut about what foods to feed her, I feel like she eats the same thing over and over so I'm going to be reading my "Baby Food Bible" book for some new ideas
  • She gives kisses and hugs (but only when she wants to)
  • She still has lots of summer clothes she hasn't worn yet (ya, I know, that was totally random)
  • She has been letting me put her to bed before 9 lately and I admit....it's soooo nice!!
  • She knows where I keep her foods so she'll walk into the kitchen and stand in front of the cabinets and point
  • She LOVES being outside and stares out the front door and runs to the back door. I don't know what you're going to do when winter comes (but don't worry, "mamma" got you a snowsuit last year---on clearance of course!)
  • You still aren't into watching t.v. (which is fine by me because I know soon enough we'll be fighting over what to watch!)
Dear Delaney Catherine,

You are at such a fun stage right now. It's amazing to watch you learn and communicate. But then again, I never was worried about you communicating!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say! We have so much fun together and have had a great summer---make that "are having" a great summer!! Motherhood is everything I knew it would be and at the same time nothing at all! You continue to be the sweetest little thing I have ever laid my eyes on (although I never expected to lay my eyes on blonde hair and blue eyes!)

I love you forever!
Your "mamma" as you say

No comments:

Post a Comment