Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"We're Baaaack!"

Did you wonder if we went on vacation?? Well as a matter of fact we have...to AFRICA!!! Which really just means we walked out our front door!! These hot summer Indiana days are getting the best of us. Delaney and I can't take the heat (or the cold for that matter)!!!! But enough of the weather, we have family in town and we FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got to meet Delaney's cousin, Amelia.....don't those baby blues just melt your heart?????? She's sweet and perfect and we love her.........And her big brother Caleb too......I must say looking at these pictures makes me realize my girl is getting big. I can't recall ever watching her interact with other kids (she's not around a lot of them) and she and Caleb played together like they played together every.single.day. Never mind the fact Delaney met Caleb just once before and that was a year ago!!! Never mind the fact Caleb just moved from North Carolina!!!! I just couldn't believe my eyes to watch her "play" with Caleb!! I have half a mind to ship this kid off to daycare for some interaction (and a chance to wear all of her cute summer dresses!).....oh who am I kidding, she (I mean I) wouldn't last one day!!!
And if you're wondering if that's a hair bow in her hair...........
Why yes, it certainly is!! I RARELY put anything in her hair (despite her LARGE hat box FULL of hair accessories) but I think when I pull it back it makes her look more like a baby and that does my heart good!
And while our family is in town, some of "the girls" decided to go for a "girly" lunch today at a tea room. So, Delaney and I got up, got baths and put on our dresses (which by the way, I ironed Delaney's last night----and if you don't know this about me----learn it---I DO NOT IRON!!) I just had to laugh as I was ironing a 12 month dress. I know before I know it, I"ll spend many nights up late ironing Delaney's clothes!!!!! I was so mad, I left the matching headband on our kitchen island!!!! Oh, and in my defense, her dress got wrinkled sitting in her car seat!!!
I couldn't resist a picture of my lunch--I seriously could have ordered ONE OF EVERYTHING! I decided on the turkey and asparagus wrap (with blackberry tea)..........oh, and the pina colada pie did I mention that? Oh, I didn't, ok, never mind then!!
Now that's a lot of women----and a lot of sweet tea!!! Look at my little sweet cheeks making sure she's in the picture!!! How funny is she!!?!?!?!
And the sweet tea wasn't lost on Delaney........aunt Teresa shared!!!
And then on the way home our car decided to "stop running" shall we say.....PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME IF I RAN OUT OF GAS------I consider a 2009 vehicle (especially one with just 17,000 miles--what can I say I am a stay at home mom, I don't go anywhere) to be "brand new" ....but then again, I am also the same person who thinks my 15 month old is a "newborn"........anyway, I immediately called my mom and she came to get us. Isn't it funny how a thirty-something year old calls her mom first when she has car trouble? And no, my mother is NOT a mechanic!!!! I guess being a mom really does mean dropping whatever you are doing to "rescue" your kids.....thanks mom!! (Oh and that "brand new car" of mine needs a new alternator)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment