Monday, July 4, 2011

3rd and 4th of July

Delaney and I spent Saturday just hanging around the house. A certain one of us still needs to be practicing the "RICE" technique for healing a sprained ankle. As you know, I was practicing more of a "ICE" technique which has been shortened down to basically "E" for elevate which is about all I can find time to do. But on Sunday, we headed to uncle Jim and aunt Essie's for a family cookout (and uncle Jim's famous ribs and wings)! About 2.2 seconds after Delaney walked in the front door she found.....................................And then headed out to the pool with cousin Ross to play with bubbles............(we joked and called them "Carmel" bubbles since they were GI-normous)
And then it was time for Delaney and her pruned feet to take a break.....................
A juice break.....................................
On Monday we decided to have another low key day and stayed home. Delaney is getting her top "eye teeth" and the poor little girl has a horrible runny (and crusty) nose from it........
Here she is waiting for her "next" visitor.....I am having a revolving door installed soon!
She loves to look out the window when company arrives (and you should see the finger prints on the window)!!!
Delaney had her own little celebrating on Independence Day today......she is "Independent" of a bottle and hasn't had one for a few days!!!!! I was just giving her a morning and nighttime bottle but she hasn't had either! I hope I didn't just jinx us!
And then we cooked out on the grill.....no fireworks display for Delaney this year, maybe next year! Although as I am sitting here typing, I hear them outside and it's after 11:00 p.m.!!! Last night, Delaney was awaken at 10:45 p.m. by LOUD firecrackers! I was NOT a happy mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment