Monday, July 25, 2011

"Sweet Sixteen"......(MONTHS)!!!

Every parent says "it seems like just yesterday she was born", "they grow up so fast", "they change every day" etc.....and I won't argue with any of it! I remember when Delaney was a newborn and I would look at her and think "well she looks like she did yesterday, I don't think the time is going by that fast". Clearly, after you have a baby, there is a time period where you cannot be accountable for the insanely stupid things you think and/or say!!!!! It must be the hormones (or lack of sleep)!
She continues to be the world's happiest baby.................
Well...................
Most of the time....................................
So instead of being sad over the days flying by and her growing up right before my very eyes, I am just going to enjoy this "season" of our lives and continue to be thankful every night when I go to bed that when I wake up to the sound of her laughter, I will be spending another day with her because there's really no place I'd rather be.........................
And here are her highlights for this month:
  • height and weight probably the same as last month (20 lbs/30 inches)
  • favorite foods include bananas, shortbread cookies, breakfast bars, pancakes, crackers, french fries, carrots, applesauce, yogurt (she does not like meat)
  • Delaney hasn't had a bottle in over 3 weeks. Transitioning her from a bottle to a sippy cup was no transition at all! I stopped giving her a bottle. She never had a name or was very attached to a bottle so luckily it was a smooth process. One thing I did (not even intentionally for the most part) was I didn't associate what was in the bottle with the bottle. Instead of saying "Delaney, do you want a bottle", I said "Delaney do you want your milk" or "Where's your milk v. Where's your bottle"---maybe that helped, who knows!
  • her vocabulary is really expanding----"nana" is banana, mom or momma (NEVER mommy), "ju" for juice, ball, dog-dog and just tonight she covered herself with the blanket and said "boo", duck, her version of "book" and her version of "blanket" and she just did start saying bye when she waives and continues to say hi 1,000 times a day
  • she loves her baths and walks down the hallway and knocks on the bathroom door if I ask her if she's ready to take a bath
  • she has started to walk to the back door and I assume that means she wants to go outside but that's not happening much with these temperatures
  • she walks to the kitchen if I ask her if she's hungry or wants milk
  • she still has visitors every.single.day and waits at the front door when they arrive
  • she has ZERO problem with me leaving and waives bye to me (there is absolutely no separation anxiety on Delaney's behalf----mine is a different story)
  • lately when I take her shirt off her she knows to raise her arms up
  • she plays nonstop from the minute she's up until she lays down with her toys in the living room (and by toys I mean the coasters, blankets, remote, cell phone, basically anything that is NOT a toy is what she wants to play with)
  • she loves to dance whenever she hears music and doesn't have to be prompted
  • she DOES NOT like to have her diaper changed and I am losing my mind (and losing the wrestling match that ensues)
  • she still sleeps from 9 PM-9 AM and takes an afternoon nap that is anywhere from 2-3 hours
  • she likes to take her baby (really her glo worm) to bed with her
  • she has REALLY slimmed down and a lot of the summer clothes I bought her last year for this summer are too big on her
  • she wears a size 4 diaper and mostly wears 12 month clothes
  • she loves to clap, if she sees people clap on t.v. or anywhere she starts clapping
  • she loves her baby (which is really her glo worm) and takes it to bed with her (and pretty much everywhere)
  • my favorite thing she does right now is if you say "no no" to her she repeats it back to you and shakes her head "no". I will try to get it on video so you can see the cuteness!
  • lately, if I ask Delaney if she needs her diaper changed, she walks down the hall and to her bedroom (and then the battle begins once she's on her changer pad)
  • I hope I am not jinxing myself by typing this but at night when I ask Delaney if she's ready to go "night night" she grabs her baby and walks down the hall to her room, it is the cutest darn thing and yes I know, I need to get it on camera too!
Dear Delaney Catherine,

You are at such a fun age right now I just cannot possibly imagine what's ahead. You smile, laugh and giggle ALL.THE.TIME!!!! Everyone, including complete strangers, always comment on what a happy baby you are. Your aunt Beth said that you love to make people laugh just like your daddy (which is the #1 reason why I married him!!!!) You are sooooo easy going and I can take you ANYWHERE!!! You are full of sweetness and fill my heart with joy!! I hope that your dreams are always big and your worries are always small (I also hope that you want to live with your mommy forever but we can talk about that later)!

Love,
Your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment