Friday, April 22, 2011

A little of this and a lot of that.......

As I said previously, this little girl needs a haircut. So, I did what I'm sure all first time moms hate to do....I called Delaney's hair stylist (which just happens to be her aunt Beth) and made a hair appointment. Well, ok, not exactly an "appointment" but more of a "Delaney needs a haircut so I'll call you back next week to let you know if I can go through with it".................I just find it very strange that a little girl who's only One---ooops, I mean twelve months, is already ready for a haircut! She just needs one quick "snip" for those long bangs that hang down in her eyes but I just can't do it. I think my exact words to aunt Beth were "do you think you'll be able to do it or will it be too traumatic for you"....... We haven't blogged about this yet (and won't until afterwards for safety reasons) but Delaney is going to be hitting the beach this summer (but clearly will NOT be getting in the ocean now that I have seen Soul Surfer!!!) so we're gearing up my little Beach Baby with the proper attire (thanks grandma Terry).........

And don't forget her swim shoes (thanks aunt Trina)!! Aren't these the cutest things ever! I kept saying "she looks like she's going scuba diving" (that comment was made BEFORE I saw Soul Surfer)!! Look where her little heel is--she just won't put shoes on all the way!


And don't forget her swim diapers. Delaney's aunt Ang got these for her last summer for the pool but they were too big. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out what the S/P means. Now, in women's clothes that means "Small/Petite".....surely not???? (I know, you're still loving those swim shoes aren't you??) They are going to be great for the concrete around the pool this summer. Delaney and I will be taking swim lessons soon---stay tuned!


And, after pulling out EVERY SINGLE rubbermaid tub in our storage closet, we finally found....(better late than never...right??)


And we finally removed the tags from Delaney's birthday outfits............. I never realized how small the gap would be from Christmas until Delaney's birthday which is exactly THREE months. I feel like she just got tons of Christmas presents and now this!!!!

and washed them all................................


Delaney is so funny, she gets up in the morning, takes her bottle and IMMEDIATELY gets down on the floor and starts playing. I just wish she had more toys to pick from.............ha! (I know what you're thinking---I BETTER NOT change my mind and go through with the hair appt!!!!)

This picture was taken with my cell phone but I had to get a picture of Delaney eating black beans for the first time! I just wanted to start early to make sure my girl likes--make that "loves" Mexican food since we have Cinco De Mayo coming up!!!!!! She LOVED them! (And, went straight to a bath---although, she really is a "clean" eater--I RARELY have to put a bib on her).


That just about sums up the last couple of days for us. Delaney is getting so "egg-cited" for Easter. She isn't sure which dress she is going to wear yet (she has three strong contenders). Oh, and we're also gearing up for The Royal Wedding!!! We are going to spend all week glued to the t.v. (especially since the forecast is rain FOR THE NEXT WEEK)!!! I can distinctly remember being 6 years old when Princess Di and Prince Charles got married (ooops, did I just tell my age??) and my mom got me up very early out of bed to watch it (I think it was even a school morning) on our CONSOLE t.v.!! WHAT SIX YEAR OLD DOES THAT?????? All I can say is Delaney and I will NOT be carrying on that tradition. I mean the wedding is suppose to air at 4:00 a.m. and ya'll know that "ain't never gonna happen" . I remember being a little girl thinking "I want a long train just like Princess Di's when I get married"...funny, I cut the train off my wedding dress! Delaney better not even think about wedding dresses when we watch The Royal Wedding---she can just stick with picking out which Easter dress she plans on wearing for now!


















No comments:

Post a Comment