Friday, August 12, 2016

Wrapping up our week

When I dropped off Delaney one morning this week, we saw a mom walking in her little girl and Delaney told me she was crying. I said "you march your little self out of this car and go over and comfort her". As I looked back in my rearview mirror, I saw Delaney talking to her. And I wanted to go comfort her mom! I know you're thinking that wouldn't have been possible in my pajamas but I have successfully dropped Delaney off at school in clothes so we are 8 for 8!
Like I said, "we" are off to a great school year!

Some of our best conversations take place in the car.  I feel like we are always in the car! This week's highlights.............

"Mommy, when I'm a teenager will you change the code on the alarm".  "Yes". "But mommy, I will tell you before I sneak out". "No Delaney, you won't, that's the point in sneaking out".

"Mommy, can I ask you something, have you ever had a crush"....

On our way home from school--- "mommy, do you remember this morning you said when I got home from school, I was getting a time out". "No, Delaney, I completely forgot about that but thank you for reminding me".

The teachers encourage you to ask them to tell you three things about school rather than asking how their day was. After I picked her up one day I told her to tell me three things and she replied "I love it". She must have thought I said three words.............

I told Delaney "you really do talk a lot" and she said "I do don't I"..........

"Mommy, we should invite O to my wedding theme birthday party". "Delaney, you don't invite boys to your birthday". "But mom, I need a groom". If you know Delaney, then you know she has already  been talking about her birthday (in March) for quite sometime. And if you know me, you know we may already have her veil.........

"Delaney, you have music today at school, what songs do you sing"? "You'll have to come to my program to find out".

"Mommy, can we go to the White House so I can get my picture in front of it". "Delaney, do you even know who the President is". "Yes, George Lincoln". Then she later told me "Obama". I told her we don't use that word :-)

Delaney isn't into getting her picture taken these days (unless she's on snapchat of course) but I attempted to get this one after school yesterday. Normally, about 2.2 seconds after she walks in the door, she is in her pajamas. But yesterday, David came out in this (what you can't see in this picture is the blue shorts and black sandals that don't go together at all, and most definitely don't go with this grey t-shirt with a pink bunny rabbit on it. I have no words for the hair).

We have a busy weekend ahead and can't wait to see this....

(When I put her to bed I couldn't find the remote and when I yelled and asked her where it was she said "I would come find it for you mommy but you told me if I get out of bed, I can't go see Pete's Dragon"). She asked if I would get her a Pete's Dragon t-shirt to wear to the movie and I told her I hadn't seen any at the stores and she said "Just go to Kohl's, they have lots of character tees".


Delaney also wants to see this.................(that will never happen and not just because it's rated R, I have a very strong aversion to hot dogs)!

***after I posted this, while we were where else, in the car, on our way to school I told Delaney how cool it will be that now she will be graduating at the same time as her cousin Logan and they will have their graduation parties the same year (see, I'm always planning ahead). She said "do you mean after Kindergarten 2.0"?????? I told her I meant after high school. Then she said "oh, ok, so before college" and then she asked me if she will have a car by then. "Yes, if you have a job to pay for it". Then she told me she is going to get a job selling flowers at Kroger.

Happy Friday Friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kindley can't seem to tell me anything about school and she's been planning her birthday party for months too. She also has to put pajamas (usually pants) on the minute we get home!

    When she can't remember Obama (although I do use the word - hehe), she says Bunker Hill. HAHA

    ReplyDelete