Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Kindergarten 2.0

Well, school is back in session and I am back to waking up with the roosters!

The night before, I thought it might be a good idea to make sure her new school shoes (bought a while back) still fit. As I was cramming her foot into them :-) I asked if she wanted to read a book before bed. She said "actually, I'd prefer dinner".........um, ok, that seems reasonable.

I laid in bed with her for a minute and she said "do you want to talk about tomorrow, you talk, I'll listen"......

Delaney is doing Kindergarten again this year and couldn't be more excited. Her response went something exactly, like this.........

"Delaney, you got a letter from Ms. E and she wants to know if you want to be in her class this year which means you would be doing another year of Kindergarten".....insert tears BECAUSE SHE WAS SO EXCITED!! She then told me it was the best day ever and this was so special. About this time, I was texting "our people" telling them her response and then she added "mommy, this is big news, this should be on Fox 59"! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. I knew that Delaney would be fine with it and then I reminded myself that Delaney relies on me to make good, smart, life decisions and what is in her best interest may not always be the easiest decision.

And then just about when I think she can't possibly surprise me anymore, she said the other day "I hope my friends don't think I betrayed them and traded them in when I meet new friends". In true Delaney form, she is always thinking of others. Not upset, not mad, just thinking of others. She is always reminding me she has her daddy's heart!

Delaney wanted to write on the chalkboard this year "First Day of K 2016---Yay"
Apparently, she doesn't plan on wearing pants again this year...........
Found her seat, a quick fist bump, and I was gone! #thisaintherfirstrodeo
I told Delaney's teacher there were some crying moms out in the hallway and she said "I know, I just can't look at them I feel so sorry for them".  I could feel the confused look on my face seeing how I was so ready for today I even sent a text that said "I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself". I thought about going to Target but seeing how I was there the last 4 days in a row and then there's the day last week that we literally crashed their system when I inserted my debit card, I decided we needed a little trial separation.  As I was leaving school, the song "You Should Be Here" came on the radio. Then I turned into a crying mom.....

I don't remember the summer days going by as fast as today. I did manage to squeeze in a "back to school" mani/pedi.

I picked up Delaney and made this little video (she later told me she didn't get a lollipop).......




 
 "You'd be taking too many pictures on your phone. Showing them off to everybody that you know back home. And even some you don't yeah they say now you're in a better place, and I would be too if I could see your face. You should be here, standing with your arm around me here....................."

5 comments:

  1. I saw her lined up to walk in and the aide had the kids follow her. I won't usually be that late but some day we'll have to introduce the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear how her first week went; I'm sure she will have lots of stories about all her new friends and her new adventures. I'm sure she was ready to get back to school to see everyone. Hard to believe summer is over already for the kids.

    ReplyDelete