Thursday, August 4, 2016

Day Two of Kindergarten

Getting back into our routine has been pretty seamless so far....I have returned to my spot in the pick up line, last of course (which is usually due to being at Target--what can I say, it was a short lived "separation") and Delaney comes home starving!

Delaney's cousin came to town and got to go to school with us to pick her up on her first day. My favorite part of his visit was when they pulled in the driveway, before he was even out of his car seat, he asked me if we had power!!! Clearly, even our 5 year old cousin who lives in KY even knows how frequently we lose power!! I mean how else can he charge his ipad??????

When we got home, grandma Terry surprised them with DQ gift cards!

They didn't last long.............we love DQ in our PJ's!!
First Day of school balloons.....
I thought a little swimming would wear out these two but I was oh so wrong!!  While they were swimming, I heard Logan telling Delaney that only God saves people. Delaney's reply......"so do police and firemen"! #seriousconversations
I was outnumbered and ready for bed at 7:30!!
Delaney's second day of school went like this....."Delaney, did you have art, computers, or gym today"?  "None mommy, we had music and church and I sat next to K in church and she talked to me the whole time so I thought it would be rude not to talk back even though we're not suppose to talk".

What they don't eat at lunch gets sent home. I opened her lunch box and she had no leftovers. She said "hard to believe I don't have any leftovers considering I talked to K the whole time".

I'm not really sure what she's done the last two days other than TALK!

I asked her what she is most looking forward to going back to school and she said "the end of the day"!!!  I secretly am too.............

No comments:

Post a Comment