Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sorry, again........

We're here, we really are.  We've just been at home, watching Elmo, waiting for the maid to show up (she never does) and just "hanging out".  It's been W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L.  But after a quick text to aunt "Ju Ju" we decided three days at home in a row is about all we can take so we'll be meeting her for lunch tomorrow and then we have some errands to run.  I TRY to save my errands all for one day---not because of the sky rocketing gas prices---because I have an almost 2 year old and getting her in and out of that car seat is enough to cause you to lose what's left of your mind!  There are some things people just don't tell you about parenthood and how annoying it can be to run errands with a baby is one of them!  Can we pause for a moment of silence to admire how the heck Kate Gosselin does this??????  Ok, we're back for our regularly scheduled program of "Tuesday Tidbits" (since we have nothing of substance to blog about today).  I thought if I didn't post "something" you would get worried about us and start emailing us to make sure we're ok---you do that sometimes you know?  So I'll just select 1 of the 13 Sesame Street episodes we have currently in our DVR and let Elmo keep Delaney company (it's our 3rd one so far today and it's 11:30 a.m) and keep typing away. She is currently riding on her motorcycle and putting on her tennis shoes---on the correct feet this proud mom might add!  So here are some random funny things I have been meaning to post about Delaney....
  • Let's start with the fact I am not as "irrational" as I claim to be.  Delaney's orthopedic physician called back (uh, you knew I'd call right???) and after waiting for the 48 hours I was told that her pediatrician is who needs to exam her and make a referral for physical therapy.  PHYSICAL THERAPY PEOPLE!!! And she just so happens to have her 2 year check up later this month so we'll be putting that on the top of our list (yes, I still take a list to her appointments of questions).  Apparently, she has had her 2 year appointment on the calendar for awhile---I just didn't have it on mine!
  • The other day after I laid Delaney down for her nap I walked out of her room and went into the kitchen and heard her saying "on on".  I forgot to turn on the monitor in her room and she was pointing at it.  The girl knows our routine!  (Did I already blog about this?  I am having De Ja Vu)
  • I took the trash out the other day and when I walked back into the kitchen Delaney was in the cabinet under the sink (ooops, forgot to attach the child lock) and I said "Delaney no no, get out of there" and then I noticed she was getting out a new trash bag!  She tried to open it but when she couldn't she threw it in the trash can!
  • She said her first "bad word" last night.  I won't repeat it because "we don't talk like that" but it starts with a "c" and ends with a "p" (some would consider this a bad word).  Guess it's time to start putting a penny in her piggy bank for every "bad" word she "hears"..........Aunt Ang---you owe Delaney a penny! HAHA
  • Delaney's birthday is this month and I am waaaay behind in getting her invitations out.  Probably because I think I have to make them and put all of this pressure on myself to be creative WHEN I DON'T HAVE A CREATIVE BONE IN MY BODY!!!!
  • Speaking of birthdays, did you know today is the 100th anniversary of Oreo?  And did you know some creative genius developed the "Birthday Oreo"?  And did you know they are TO DIE FOR?????
  • It seems like each day I put Delaney in something it all of a sudden doesn't fit her. Delaney pretty much lives in leggings.  She doesn't even own a pair of jeans!  But I secretly want to buy her a pair of True Religion jeans!
  • Delaney has been texting people on my phone.  She doesn't have much to say to them though!
  • Delaney just hugged her baby, told me it was "broke" --well yes Delaney, that's because mommy removed the batteries--and then told her "love lou"....she is so darn sweet!
  • Last night at midnight, I was in the living room and I heard my alarm clock going off!  Had Delaney not been sleeping I would have asked her if she knew why that was happening.  She loves to go in my room.  Guess I"ll keep the door shut again.........
  • Have you ever had your car die IN THE CAR WASH???  Really? Just me huh?  I don't know why these strange things happen to me but I thought it was taking entirely too long for my car to go through and that may or may not have been because I lost track of time while texting Angie in the waiting area so I got up and discovered this is what they were doing! Oooops, my bad--it had already gone through!  Then I was told "you may need a jump, your car died in the car wash, they had to push it out"....REALLY???? I think it's a bit odd their first thought was to dry it and NOT come get me but whatev's......And yes, it needed jumped right there at the car wash! AND YES, everyone was staring.  I hope it's not because they recognized me from awhile back when I may or may not have "accidentally" started to drive way WITH ONE OF THE WORKERS STILL IN MY CAR!!!  We didn't speak the same language but it's pretty universal when a lady comes out of nowhere in the very back of your car and screams!!!!  Ooops, My Bad (again)!!!  I probably need to find a new car wash........
 I have been cleaning out the pictures in my phone and realized I never blogged this past Fall about our 2 hour trip to Ohio to Ikea.  Delaney and I and her two grandmas waited until nap time (thinking she would nap on the drive there---that's what you get for thinking)....and as soon as we got there she did this! I had to take a picture because I never get to see Delaney sleeping (I always put her down for her naps and bedtime awake--TOUGH LOVE PEOPLE TOUGH LOVE).  Oh and as for what we bought at Ikea---wooden spoons ($.48)!! Per PINTEREST you put them over your pot of water and it won't boil over.  I do this every time and it works.  Well, only on large pots, if you use small ones it does boil over!
Well Delaney is ready for lunch now (darn where is the cook, she must be out to lunch with the maid) so I must go now!  Hopefully, we'll be back later this week with some more exciting things to blog about--if not, I'll just post pictures of Delaney.  You'll be ok with that right???

No comments:

Post a Comment