Friday, October 15, 2010

"WE'RE BACK"

I guess I don't need to tell you what we've been up to this past week huh? I knew this day would come but I guess I"ve just been in denial! ha ha ha And all of that turned

into this........
Delaney "took to" eating like a champ. This girl was born to eat! Let's not forget she was born a week early weighing in at a healthy 9 lbs. So, she takes her eating very seriously.


She really was a very "clean" eater. (She also tried to feed herself grabbing the spoon every chance she got!) I mean how dirty can you get when you're bib is as big as you are?I asked her if she wanted to start with carrots or sweet potatoes...she decided on carrots. I gave her her first bite and told her we didn't have to do this if "she" wasn't ready....but, as you can imagine "she" was! I thought we were being so careful and staying clean but once the bib came off, it was clear, that's an impossible task!

So, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of this in our future....(or, I'll just give her nothing but bananas since they don't look like they'll stain)!

Like with her food, I asked Delaney which bib she wanted to wear and she picked the polk a dots! She likes to make her own fashion decisions!

I think in this picture, Delaney is saying "mom, put down the cameras (yes, both still and video) and OPEN THAT JAR!!!!!!!!!

We decided to make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins today and they were delicious!

Delaney seems excited for winter!!! I think she's saying "grandma Terry, how did you know I'd love it in pink". Since we don't plan on leaving our house this winter, I think I'll just consider this Delaney's "Snuggie"!


And, as much as I'd like Delaney to stay like this..............

She is starting to do this! (Disregard my flip flops in the background, I'm still not ready to give them up yet).

"Ladylike"..................not exactly a word I would use to describe Delaney!


Delaney passed the time away (without our laptop that is) playing with her toes......


and twirling her hair!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering......do you think it's normal for a 6 month old little girl to have THREE


pair of............

Halloween pajamas?????


So, that's been our week in a nutshell. Delaney had her 6 month doctor appointment. She now weighs 18 lbs (she has doubled her birth weight) and is 27 inches long (she's grown 7 inches). She got a shot and didn't make a peep! It was like she was asleep! I was so proud of her. We've had visitors, spent time outside, and ran errands (which Delaney has figured out by now=shopping)!!! Oh, and if you're wondering about the computer, it wasn't a virus (this time) it was the power button that is "stuck"...but don't worry, nothing that a little glue didn't fix!!!!
















1 comment:

  1. I love the picture where she's waiting on you to put the camera down and eat and I can't believe she's in the full blown crawl position already! just an FYI, bananas stain the worst!

    ReplyDelete