Monday, October 18, 2010

"Peas and Pumpkins".......

Ever since we started working on Delaney's nursery, I've struggled with what to put on her wall above her crib. I knew I didn't want anything too big since it has the stripes on it. Then one day (while browsing the Pottery Barn kids website if I have to be honest) I thought "I think I would like to put her monogram above her bed". Now, you do realize it would look like this "DNC"......and once Delaney's dad heard about my idea it was well, I'll put it nicely "shot down". Under no circumstances were we putting up what stood for DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION!!!!!!!!! Delaney's daddy was a die hard Republican if you didn't know!!!!!!So, I continued my search and found these large letters at JoAnn's and decided, why not just a "D" (for Delaney, NOT Democrat of course). So, while I painted....
Delaney decided to kick back, relax, have a bottle and watch mom work............
Oh and we've added peas to her diet!
And despite what it looks like............
She loved them! (no really, she did)...........
We got invited next door to the neighbor's annual pumpkin carving contest on Sunday. So of course, Delaney had to dress the part.....

This was the neatest cake. It was two angel food cakes died green (there was also an ice cream machine with a "fixins" bar)!
And before you ask, NO, this is not our pumpkin, we decided not to carve our's yet (well, that is after we were informed that the small pumpkins like what we took are for baking and are a pain to carve.) This owl didn't win the contest but it sure was our favorite! "Owl" be sure to remember how creative people were for next year when we enter one! We didn't get to stay to see who own because .......................
The party must have worn Delaney out........












1 comment:

  1. "owl"....you crack me up!! I think the D above her bed will look very cute. (I'm also cracking up at the DNC). Love the pumpkin outfit!

    ReplyDelete