Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Delaney's 1st Pumpkin"

Introducing Delaney's "legless" elephant.......here's the story, she LOVES this thing, so much that she was sticking it's feet (which were rather large and hung from shoestrings) in her mouth---oh, and pulling on them with a death grip! I was so afraid she was going to pull one off and choke on it. Now she just chews on the ears! Sure hope I don't have to cut them off too! And here she is bottoms up TAKING A NAP!! WOOOO HOOO.........

She loves to sit in her exersaucer and stare out the windows!

And today we tried fruit, pears to be exact! I think they were tart!!

But of course she still ate them!

We went to the apple orchard today for a pumpkin (not the PERFECT one I was on a mission for but I guess that's what happens when you wait to go), apple cider and of course some cupcakes from a bakery I have been anxious to check out. I can't wait to try the Butterfinger cupcake!
(Disregard the fact our pool is still open---Delaney decided she's ready for ice skating lessons so we're just going to wait for the water to freeze)!!
First step.....cut the top!

Next step....clean it out (thanks grandma Terry!) Note it is NOT the perfect shape I was on a mission for!


And lastly, make a quick alteration to make up for the MAJOR mistake you made and VIOLA! One very girly pumpkin. Doesn't every pumpkin deserve a flower headband??? I am hoping by the time Delaney knows what a pumpkin is I can master this task!

Delaney approved!! (I think Halloween is going to turn into her favorite holiday too!) I know you're all wondering what Delaney is going to be for Halloween----we are too!! I am having a hard time deciding but since I work best under pressure, I have no doubt we'll come up with something!












1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I didn't know you had to make cute girly pumpkins once you had a girl. Thanks for filling me in:o) It's really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete