Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Welcome Aboard the Proud Mom Train

Delaney was asked to speak in front of the school today to present their class service project (donated items to kids at Riley Hospital). Her teacher emailed me the day before telling me Delaney left her script on the floor at school. Delaney's response "I didn't know I was supposed to bring it home".
Oh, ok then, guess you don't plan on practicing!!
So, she didn't.....
(when I dropped her off this morning she said "can you come and video me").
I cutoff the first part to take her picture.
And she nailed it!!
 To say I was proud of her for standing in front of 500 people is an understatement. I was also proud of those 8th graders who got up and came over to her to tell her how well she did. I was also touched by two other parents who took her picture and sent it to me. And when I ran into her Kindergarten teacher she told me what a great job I was doing but no, I can't take the credit for today, in fact, I told her teacher it was because of her. And I can't forget the mom who I told at the last minute who came to see her! And when we got home from ice cream (because the girl knows how to work it), I got a text from one of the teachers telling me how proud she was of Delaney she wanted to stand up and give her a standing ovation! Delaney's teacher sent out an email to the parents telling us how nervous she was for the kids and how great they did and THAT SHE CRIED!!
(Oh shoot, was I suppose to be nervous and CRY?????)
Last month, I had to get up and speak in front of 900 people (only I didn't forget my script at school). I sure hope I was a good example for Delaney because learning by example is my favorite part of parenting!
Proud mom right here friends. My proudest moments are when other people (i.e. non relatives) compliment Delaney.

Thanks for riding the proud mom train!!!!
I think I"ll go back and watch the video again now :-)


4 comments:

  1. Awww, that made me tear up. You should be proud! One thing I love about the school is how much those older kids really serve as role models to the younger ones. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing is when I drop her off and see a boy holding the door for her. I just know God's molding one of them for Delaney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When she got home her 6th grade buddies made cards for her too...so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did an awesome job. I haven't seen the inside of that church for a long time ��

    ReplyDelete