Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter 2017

Since we were gone all day Saturday, we had to get everything ready on Friday for Easter. 
That included Delaney's Easter basket THAT SHE WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND SAW!! In my defense, it was put up high and should have been out of sight.
I couldn't lie my way out of it, so I didn't..............
By the time we were back upstairs, I heard "mommy, is the Easter bunny real"?

I may have said yes if she hadn't have said "I wonder if the Easter bunny is going to bring me a new Baby Alive".....uh no, the Easter bunny doesn't bring $50 baby dolls!!! So there you have it, Delaney knows the Easter bunny isn't real. She told me he's kind of creepy anyway.
I was super close to having her hide her own Easter eggs this year :-)
She got Charlotte's Web, new slippers for her baby doll and a little bit of candy.


She said "mommy, this dress is a size 6". I told her to "make it work".
I wasn't fashionably prepared for Easter this year.


Elise looking for eggs

And Braxon joined in the fun!





Delaney wanted to wear her gladiator shoes with her dress and I told her no. Then cute little fashionable Summer showed up in them and of course I heard about it! They weren't right for Delaney's dress but totally perfect for Summer's.

Cousin Steven put an egg up high in the tree......


I didn't get a picture of all of the babies together...




Braxon is always on the move (which makes it hard to get a picture of all of the babies together)!





Delaney told me this year she was too old to get her picture taken with her pink bunny that I make her do every year. The good news is, she's not in charge!

I ALWAYS forget something....like our photo booth props! Dear family, please remind me about these next year. I have officially decided from now on for every holiday, we are hiring a photographer (who is willing to work holidays). I also decided that next year we are grilling out for Easter! Surely you can throw a ham on the grill....

Delaney with her great grandma Millie
                                                
It was another great Easter in the books! The weather held off (I was convinced we were going to have to do the Easter egg hunt in our basement) and there was more food than we know what to do with! Speaking of food, Delaney snapped 3 lbs of green beans for Easter and I told her I used to do that with my grandma (who made THE BEST green beans ever). When I told aunt Karey about it she told me she saw this on Facebook.....


No comments:

Post a Comment