Saturday, June 30, 2012

Week "End" Wrap Up

Delaney did/said a few things this week I thought should be repeated........

Delaney does not miss a beat, the girl notices anything new/different (as in the new box of Kleenex in the bathroom).  The other morning grandma and grandpa came over to watch her while I went to the dentist.  She stood at the front door waiting for them to arrive and as soon as they pulled in the driveway she looked back at me and said "bye mommy"!! How did she know they weren't just coming to visit!?!?!?!  The girl does not know the meaning of "separation anxiety".  As my mom was walking up the driveway, Delaney noticed she was carrying a new handbag and said "mammaw new purse"!! She told me that morning she had "debbled" eggs for breakfast!  I informed her she had scrambled eggs, not deviled eggs!

When I can tell she is "doing her business" I ask her if she wants to go in the toilet and she wrinkles her nose and says "no mommy no".  We'll work on that later...........

She can tell when Sesame Street is about to come to an end and before the credits begin she grabs the remote and says "more Elmo".  She has no concept of the show being called Sesame Street!! She also has no concept of how many times a day one person can stand to watch Elmo!

Delaney LOVES our next door neighbors.  She knows what each of them drive and stands at the front window/door and announces when they are coming/going.  The wife leaves each night for work at 8:30 and she and Delaney have a ritual.  Delaney stands at the front door and waives bye to her and blows her kisses as she's driving by.  I have warned them never to get new vehicles or that will really throw off Delaney.  The wife drives a Kia Soul and whenever the Kia commercial comes on and Delaney sees the car (different color) she says "Debbie's car".  The girl could seriously head up our neighborhood watch program she spends so much time staring out the front window!  The husband next door always wears a sweatband on his head when he mows.  The other day he walked over to see Delaney and had a sweatband around his wrist and Delaney said "Alan mow"!! He wasn't going to mow but she sure thought he was! I mean is ANYONE mowing these days with the 2012 drought going on?????

I have no recollection of ever talking about ladybugs with Delaney but the other day we were outside on the front porch and one was crawling and Delaney pointed at it and said "ladybug" (and then she picked it up and it met an early death).  Later that night Delaney was picking up her books and I saw her ladybug book and realized that's how she knows about ladybugs!

When I put Delaney to bed I say "love you baby" and with her thumb in her mouth she says "love lou baby". MELT.MY.HEART.

And, if you've managed to stick with me throughout this long post (likely just the grandmas) I thought I would reward you with a picture (because who likes a blogpost with no pictures!?).



No comments:

Post a Comment