Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mommy's Day".......

I CANNOT believe today is my 3rd Mother's Day!  We had a great day! We went to lunch with "the girls".  Here is Delaney who is suppose to be smiling!  Obviously, her cousin Adarrah knows how to follow directions.  Why can't a two year old???  This girl is chock full of personality!
 A little better...........
 Then we headed home to play with balls and bubbles..........
 And Delaney's new grocery cart from aunt Beth.  I went to take this picture and I told my mom that Delaney was "doing her business".  I love that part of being a mom is knowing exactly what Delaney is doing (even if it does involve "business").
 And then it was time for a nap (after a wardrobe change).
 Then back up for more playtime and to wait for Amy and Gracie to come over for a cookout.
 And a pedicure---for Delaney, not me, you know the "MOTHER"!!!
 Delaney will tell every living single soul that Amy did her toes (I'm not ready for fingers)!
 After our cookout, it was time for dessert!  These strawberries were much bigger than they appear in this picture!
 They
 Were
 Messy!!!
 I also got a locket that holds pictures of my two favorite people!
 Although it is my 3rd Mother's Day today, I keep thinking about my first.  Just a few days before, David and I took Delaney for a walk (after checking the pollen count of course) and David was telling me how he had been stressing over what to get me for my first Mother's Day and how I always put so much thought into my gifts and he really wanted to get me something special.  The irony of that conversation was that David was THE BEST gift giver ever.  He was always so extravagant when it came to gifts.  Don't you think??????????? 

P.S. David got me flowers and a card with the sweetest words a new mom could ever hear........

No comments:

Post a Comment