Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Every Mom's Done it....Right??

Does this look like a kid who's upset over her mom locking her in the car????? Obviously, this picture was taken after I was back in the car but this is exactly what she looked like while I was trying to figure out how to get the car unlocked.  Sure, it would have been easy to just call OnStar but NOT WITH MY CELL PHONE LOCKED IN THE CAR!!!  Delaney and I (and the twins) went to story time yesterday and Delaney got a hold of my keys (when she was suppose to be doing "If You're Happy and You Know It").  I didn't "think" she hit any buttons on my clicker.  Once I wrestled got Delaney in her car seat, I hopped out and went to get in the driver's seat.  AND THE DOORS WERE LOCKED!!!  She hit the lock button on the clicker as I was strapping her in.  Luckily, there was a couple with their two year old grandson who also didn't stay after story time for play time (also known as "when the kids play with all the germy toys") and I said "Sir, can you please help me, I have locked my daughter in my car".  I asked if he had a cell phone with internet so that we could look up the number for OnStar. His wife didn't have a smart phone so it was taking forever and then it happened.....she said "she's probably getting hot in the car isn't she, I am just going to call information for the number"!! At this point, the reality of the situation set in and I realized I have locked my daughter in the car in 80 degree weather!!!! Up until that point I was completely calm, I just needed someone's cell phone.  For some reason, I thought to check the back to make sure it wasn't unlocked.  AND IT WAS!!! I remembered Delaney got a hold of the clicker during story time and thank goodness she hit the button that opens the rear window! So, I climbed over the stroller and over Delaney!  AND WE MARCHED OURSELVES RIGHT TO THE TATTOO SHOP SO I COULD GET ONSTAR'S NUMBER TATTOOED ON MY ARM!!!  I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me (well, not with Delaney but locking my keys in my car).  And, just in case you ever have to call them, you can hit a prompt if you have a pet or child locked in the car to expedite them unlocking it for you (it's done by satellite in a matter of seconds) and I may or may not have hit that prompt the time my Chinese food was locked in the car!  My plan B was to call my neighbor to go into our house and bring me my spare car key but then I realized I had no idea what their number was and it was in my phone that was also locked in my car!!
 So after I got over that (rather quickly I might add) I took Delaney straight to McDonald's to make up for it!  Here she is smelling a piece of lettuce.  If she is unsure of something she smells it first.  She did NOT eat the lettuce.
 And here she is drinking mom's new Cherry Berry Chiller...I MEAN I DID JUST LOCK THIS KID IN A HOT CAR!!!!  
 Oh, and if you're wondering, over the weekend we finally made it to DQ for a Confetti Cake Blizzard and it was sooooooooo good! You know, if you like cake and ice cream!!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley - My name is Lisa and I do some digital work for OnStar. I stumbled across this post and just wanted to share that you can get window stickers for your vehicle that have the OnStar number on them, just in case this ever happens again!

    Here's the link to request them https://www.onstar.com/web/portal/getdocuments

    Hope the rest of your day with your daughter was stress-free :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I locked Kindley in the car at our house last year! Ended up with 2 different fire departments at my house racing to get her out. It was a rare fall day that was 80 degrees. Go figure - my spare key was IN the car along with the other keys! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't even freaking out AT ALL until the lady brought up the fact how she must be hot!!! Of course I have black interior in my car too!

    ReplyDelete