Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"We're Baaaack!".....Florida Part 1

Have you ever received a text message like this from your friend who is standing at the gate WITH YOUR DAUGHTER but you're still stuck back at security???????????? You'll see the text was sent at 1:48 p.m.....I "think" our flight departed at 1:55 p.m.!!!! But don't worry......
I MADE IT!!!!

Do you have a friend who emails you one day and basically says "we're going to Florida"???

I HOPE SO...............................
Oh, did you think it was just the two of us??? Surely NOT!!!! Delaney took her 2nd plane ride (well, technically, her 3rd if you count when she was "in utero" but we won't talk about why we went all the way to Miami!!).....I thought I could "outsmart" Delaney by scheduling our flight during nap time. That proved to be A BIG FAT WASTE OF TIME!!! This girl is so nosy--oops, I mean "curious" she wants NOTHING to do with napping on a plane! Delaney was PERFECT on the flight down to Fort Myers Beach (we'll talk about the flight home later)!!!

Once we arrived, we did NOT waste any time (not to mention Delaney had a bathing suit for every day!).....this kid is so weird, she would walk right up to these sprinklers in the baby pool and stick her head in them!! WHAT KID DOES THAT???? Oh, and please disregard her mismatched hat and swimsuit, we know Delaney's friends "Janie and Jack" didn't mean for us to pair these together! I am sure it won't shock you that I did everything in my power to keep Delaney OUT OF THE SUN (and yes, I realize we were in THE SUNSHINE STATE). If you ever wondered if it's possible to go to Florida and not get any sun----Yes people, it is!!! The good news is Delaney didn't get burnt, but the bad news is, in the process of keeping her out of the sun, mom didn't get any sun either! Motherhood is just full of sacrifices isn't it!!?!?!?!
Delaney took to the beach/ocean like a pro...she loved it! The video I posted really doesn't do her justice. She loved the beach, the shells, the ocean, the sand (eating it that is) the pool, ALL OF IT!!!!!
I thought this outfit was appropriate with the pink flamingo!! And no, I didn't buy it for this trip. I actually got it with the matching hat last year at Janie and Jack. When we decided to go to Florida, I just knew this would be her "departure" outfit (please tell me I am not the only one who plans departure/return home flight outfits???) Delaney wanted to wear a dress Every.Single.Day (good thing that's about all I packed!) Stay tuned tomorrow for Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment