Wednesday, May 2, 2018

What's Up Wednesday

I can't believe it's already May! 
May is like the eve of Summer. And we are all sorts of excited for summer. 
We have lots of fun trips planned. 

This week started off with Delaney losing a tooth. She was eating breakfast and said "my tooth just fell out" and I said "ok well do something fast, we need to go"! As you can imagine, there is no "extra" time in the morning around our house, even for a loose tooth! She couldn't wait to go to school to show her friends and I couldn't wait to get back home and dig in her piggy bank for a dollar:-)

I love the days when she comes home from school and we stay outside for hours. I also love it when she "earns her bath". What better way to kick off May than playing outside for hours. This may not have been my smartest parental decision and I may have sent it to my friend and said "text you from the ER later". I eventually remembered I was her mom and made her stop doing this but not before I got it on video. She told me this was her dirt bike............

 After this, we took the training wheels off. She wanted to leave one on so she could "rely" on it. She's 8! She needs to learn to ride without training wheels.

We are gearing up for a fun weekend celebrating Cinco De Derby! Our downstairs bathroom is finally in and we are ready to Run for the Roses while we sip Mint Juleps margaritas! I can't think of anything I love more than the Derby and Mexican food. This combination has my name all over it. Derby hats are done and ready to be judged (because yes, we are that crazy)!!

Next week is the election and there is no one more excited than me for it to be over. Not because I care, but I have an 8 year old in the house who likes to talk politics! She can tell you the names of all of the candidates and well, frankly, knows more about what's going on than I do! Have I mentioned she's just like her dad??? May 8th can't get here soon enough. 

Four more weeks of school and we are pumped! Speaking of pump, I have caved and we are getting a heater installed on our pool. We are going to live our best summer life out back this year! I told Delaney we needed to be thinking about our Summer Fun List and what needs to go on it this year and she said "horse back riding".........pretty sure that was on last year's too!
So I guess it's learn to ride a bike and horse back riding so far.......
Suggestions?????




1 comment:

  1. I am a bad aunt. I am just getting caught up on your and Elaine's blogs. Great adventures.

    ReplyDelete