Wednesday, December 14, 2016

My Snow Angel

Delaney had dress up day at school today which meant I went to a million stores to find gold shoes on Monday. She wore these today, she will wear them on Christmas, and they will never be worn again. Oh the life of a girl mom.................

Delaney wanted to play in the snow the minute we got home from school yesterday only we had no clue where her snow boots and snowsuit were. She took the liberty of logging onto the internet and finding some she liked and now every store I shop at has a pair of pink snow boots in my cart. Then late last night, I looked in what should have been an obvious place and there they were, only it was too late to go outside. So when I picked Delaney up today, you can bet the first thing out of her mouth was how she wanted to play in the snow when we got home. I snapped this quick picture of her and 2.7 seconds later...................

This was happening...........

And not long after that, I reminded her only one of us had snow boots and it was time to go inside.


One of us enjoys the snow A LOT more than the other.....I hate the snow, I hate the cold, I hate the ice, I hate every stinkin' thing about winter. I may be a little bitter this early in the season because when I left yesterday my car told me that I needed to service the four wheel drive. The first snow is a fine time to tell me that. Not long after that, I "got into it" with my mailbox and the mailbox won---score was mailbox 1 and me 0. So now, I have to fix the four wheel drive, BUY A NEW MAILBOX, replace the taillight (did I mention the mailbox won)???? And, the damage the mailbox did down the side of my car :-(

When I told Delaney I was taking the car to get fixed she replied with "mommy, just get a van WITH A TV IN IT".

Delaney and I are ready for Christmas! We have successfully watched all of the Hallmark Christmas movies to date (I think there are 19 new ones this year) and excitedly go to the (now badly broken) mailbox each day to see if we got any Christmas cards. Our two favorite things about Christmas are the Hallmark movies and Christmas cards!! One of my favorite days is when our friends and family receive our card and call, text, and email to tell us how much they liked it. I love that you take the time to do that. Thank you for loving Delaney, (it's so easy to do)......I will post it soon (I want to make sure our families on the east and west coasts have received theirs).

Delaney has two more days of school left and I don't know who's more excited. We have three Christmas parties this weekend and we are hosting one of them. This will be our first official party in our basement which was remodeled a year and a half ago!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad there are blogs; love keeping up with all the things the families are doing and see the kid's smiling faces. Can sure brighten any day.

    ReplyDelete