Thursday, November 17, 2016

Life Lately....

Why does it feel like there is one week between Halloween and Christmas???

For the two people in the world who don't already know this story.........

I was sitting in a meeting downtown last week and rubbed my ear and realized my earring was missing (the same earring that has been in my right ear for 12 years). So I did what any normal person would do and stood up, left the meeting, and drove home at a very high rate of speed safely. My stomach was in knots as I was playing this conversation in my head with my insurance company....

"no, I don't know when I lost it"
"no, I don't know where I lost it"
"can you send someone (or 100 people) over to help me look for it"

I made it home, ran in the house, went straight to the bathroom and once my 6 year old showed me how to turn on the flashlight on my phone (I can never get it to work), I found the back of the earring and then there it was....on the bathroom floor. It could have been ANYWHERE but there it was!

I think I caught it when I was brushing my hair earlier that day (score one for me for washing my hair).

It was certainly replaceable, but it would never be the same earring, the one that was hiding in the grey and pink tennis shoes I asked for for Christmas back in 2004!

Oh, and while I was on my knees on the bathroom floor looking for it, I realized it needs mopped, so now there's that......

We (and by we I mean "I") had The Purge of 2016 in Delaney's playroom last week. Three boxes and an entirely full trash can later, it looks great and that will likely last all of 3 days. After I filled our trash can, I had no room for the normal trash that accumulated after The Purge. So, I "may" have been out at 11:00 Tuesday night looking for space in my neighbors' trash cans only theirs were all full too. I feel like Delaney never plays in her playroom so it is a mystery how it gets so messy. I did however find a prop I was looking for for our Christmas card.

Delaney came home from school last Friday not feeling well and her head cold is affecting every facet of our lives. She stayed home sick on Monday. Last night when I gave her her medicine she told me it was nasty and she just wasn't brave enough to take it. I told her she's the bravest person I know and that the nasty medicines are the ones that work (and I may have thrown in something like you WILL take this medicine and stop being so whiny!).

We are gearing up for our first of three Thanksgiving get togethers this weekend. It is our inaugural "Friendsgiving" and we can't wait. 

Despite the fact that someone (we have no idea who) raked the leaves in our front yard, we still have approximately 1,454,987 leaves left in our trees. We are literally the only house on our street with leaves still in the trees. So this just means they will all fall when it's freezing outside! As in this weekend when it's going to be in the 40's despite hitting 70 today...how does that happen??? I sure hope I don't end up whiny like Delaney with a cold!

She has a field trip today at school but wasn't excited when she learned they are walking to it because in the words of Delaney Newsom everyone knows field trips are about riding the bus!

I learned yesterday that today is Children's Grief Awareness Day (and who else knew this was a real thing?). Do kids really need a day to remind them they have lost a parent??? I took this picture yesterday before I learned about this and I just had to laugh. I know she looks pitiful and sad but she is mad that she wasn't catching the ball. She would have stayed outside all day after school if I would have let her. And then I thought how her dad would have! Heck, he would have made friends with the guy down the street who has a baseball diamond in his backyard! (I made her come in and help make dinner and do her homework). Then she got the "practice makes perfect speech".
(I have no idea why there are leaves in our yard, our trees are FULL)

We have been coming home from school and soaking up these crazy warm weather afternoons!

(No time to change clothes)

(The bags are from the girl next door who made her teenage daughter rake leaves......I may have told Delaney to look out the window to take a look into her future :-)
And yes, I realize her knees are hitting the steering wheel in her Jeep! But I swear, grandma just bought this for her last summer and she couldn't reach the pedal :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment