Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Some things you never outgrow

And I don't mean shopping online at Target.....

Delaney stayed home sick today. From the minute she woke up, she kept telling me she didn't think she should go to school. So I ignored her and made her get dressed. Then I ignored her some more and made her breakfast.  I told her we weren't "those kind of people" who stayed home from school just because they didn't feel well. Then I felt her and she was burning up. I called the school and then I started to feel guilty (despite her skin being on fire) that I was letting her stay home RIGHT UP UNTIL SHE RAN TO THE BATHROOM TO VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!

From now on, I will listen to "Delaney's intuition".....

Me: "Delaney, how are you feeling"?
Delaney: "I feel like I have one of those bugs in my stomach"
Me: "You have a bug in your stomach"
Delaney: "Oh, you know, one of those "stomach bugs as they say"



2 comments: