Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Little Colts Fan

No, you didn't miss our Christmas post....it will come (but yes, we had an AMAZING Christmas, I just told someone today our Christmases just get more and more fun with this little girl).

Delaney put on my hat and said "mommy, when do I get to go to another Colts game"? You may recall, the game she went to earlier this year lasted exactly 12 minutes, well, not the game, her attention span at the game.

On Sunday, the couple who sit next to us at the game told me it was their last game. After 19 years, they gave up their season tickets. And then the man said the nicest thing I will never forget. He has seen me bring lots of friends over the years and he said "you'll have to tell your friends that we won't be sitting here anymore". Then he said "you've got some really great friends".  I told him he had no idea..............What an observation from a die hard NEVER MISSED A GAME Colts fan!!! He may have been focused on the game, but he took the time to notice (it's not hard to).

Oh, and to answer Delaney's question.....once he told me what they sold the "rights" to their Colts tickets for, well,..................we may never go to a game again :-)

While I was working on this post, one of Delaney's grandmas told me it makes her day to be around Delaney. I said "mine too". And then I thought how awful it must be to not be around her all the time! We're sorta attached at the heart this girl and I...............................

2 comments:

  1. I usually only take Kindley to preseason. Took her to St. Louis v. Seahawks first game of the season and she wanted to leave before it started. Last night she said she can't wait to go to another Colts game. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Delaney is only invited to preseason games!

    ReplyDelete