Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Derby Weekend and Birthday Fun

This past weekend, we loaded up and headed to Bowling Green.  Cousins "Baby Logan" and his daddy were having birthday celebrations (they share their birthdays so you know what that means for dad...not much!!) and then of course there was the Derby!  And the Newsom girls love the Derby. We decided to cheer for "Overanalyze" and then learned its post position just happened to be #9 (I love how that number always pops up).  The picture of Delaney and Baby Logan sitting in his camo recliner cracks me up.  Even though she is attempting to choke him, she really does love him. She will not leave him alone and kisses him more than a cousin probably should!  I just love how Logan gave new meaning to the word cup holder......he made it his cupCAKE holder!  Great grandma Purichia told me on this trip kids grow up so fast once they start school.  So, you know what that got me thinking..............
Cancelling this whole preschool thing all together!  I casually mentioned Delaney's preschool to Julie the other night and I LOVE her response: "So this preschool thing is really happening then?  You're really going to go through with it"?  She knew I'd have second thoughts............

And in exciting potty training news (I know, I know, I need to do a post about it) Delaney has finally gone in a public restroom.  Yep, she's "one of those".  So it seems all I needed to do was drive 230 miles out of State for her to go (and I"m only talking #1).  The girl had never gone in a public restroom! 

When we were in our hotel room, I turned out the light to go to bed and Delaney sat up and said "I need my flashlight"--she loves flashlights.  I said A. No you don't and B. we don't have one.  Well, C. YES WE DID, SHE PACKED HER FLASHLIGHT IN HER BACKPACK!!!!!!!!

And lastly, one of my favorite movies is The Blind Side and we were watching it in the hotel and Michael Oher's character goes by "Big Mike" in the movie.  She kept saying "mommy, why is Big Mike crying".  "Where is Big Mike going", etc.  Needless to say, we only watched the first 15 minutes of the movie then it was lights out (re-insert flashlight story)...........It really was funny hearing her refer to him as Big Mike!

And, as I am typing this post, Delaney had been in my room watching t.v. (what kid doesn't like to do that!) and the next thing I knew she said "mommy, I want to go to bed".  So I walked into her room and she had turned off the t.v. in my room and put herself to bed in her room.  WHAT KID DOES THAT? Um, have I mentioned how much I love that girl!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment