Saturday, February 19, 2011

Too much in one day...........

We decided to get out yesterday and go to Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby. Which wouldn't have been so upsetting except that it was to start looking at BIG GIRL car seats! I don't know why I thought that was a good idea after I had just ordered Delaney's birthday present (which means I am coming to terms with the fact my baby is going to be turning one before I know it)! While we were checking out, the cashier asked how old Delaney was and I replied "almost 11 months" to which she replied "oh almost one" to which I replied "No, almost 11 months"!!! Grandma Terry intervened and politely explained to the cashier that I live in a state of denial when it comes to the growth of my baby. Grandma Terry is also likely to never go out in public with us again!! So maybe I'm not coming to terms with this after all............I mean how much of this can one new mother take????? So, after pulling out the "baby bible" to see which car seats were recommended (oh, and after going to their websites to read their reviews----what, didn't you read the prior post about the Type A personality??) it was time to take Delaney to "test them out"....so, off we went! (P.S. if you know someone having a baby, buy them this book, it was a lifesaver for us, I took it with us when we registered. The husband and wife team "rate" every single baby product you can think of by grade---bet you can't guess which grade Delaney is only allowed to have????) I often pull it out when I need to buy "baby gear".........(bad quality pictures taken with cell phone). "mommy, I don't think this is the one for us" (check out her high arches on her feet!)
why does my daughter look like we're taking her off to college????
as much as I would like to get one in our "signature colors" (see, even her outfit is in them), it just doesn't match the interior of our car!! ha ha ha....just kidding, the Britax just weren't for us, they were big and bulky but isn't it just the cutest thing!?!?!?!
and then, one of the sales associates at BBB stopped to help us and was soooo informative (who knew, I thought they just hired those people off the streets with little to no knowledge of baby gear---I wonder if being a parent is a requirement to work there!) and recommended this brand "Sunshine Kids"---and the best part, it was given an "A" in the baby bible. CLEARLY, the looks of it didn't sell me (however, the "sleekness" of it sure helps----all of the reviews commented on how it's "narrowness"---not sure if that's a word, allows passengers to comfortably sit on either side of the car seat) but here's what sold me...she said "THIS IS THE CAR SEAT KATE GOSSELIN HAD FOR ALL OF HER KIDS IF YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS AND YOU CAN FIT THREE CAR SEATS SIDE BY SIDE!" What did she mean "did I know who she is". I am probably THE ONLY PERSON on the face of the earth who loves that woman! I am just waiting for my washer and dryer to go out so I can buy the Whirpool Duets---the ONLY set she said she would ever buy/use (and yes, I realize her's were probably donated and she was obligated to say that!).....I own 2 of her 3 books and have never missed an episode. I mean how did this woman know I didn't have 8 kids and just decided to leave the other 7 at home!!! I feel like if it's good enough for Kate, then it's good enough for me because let's face it America, we all know that Kate would only buy the best for her kids----or, accept only the best "donated" car seats more likely stated! The sales associate told us this car seat is made of alloy steel and there was a 2 car parking garage at a mall that collapsed and out of the 2000 cars destroyed this was the ONLY car seat that survived the damage. Now, I don't know if that was true (or maybe she works on commission) and I will of course be researching this....I'm not sure however how much that impresses me because we don't really park in parking garages when we go to a mall! So, in the not so distant future, I will be forcing myself to go back to BBB and leaving the store with this very safe, not so pretty, big girl car seat so we can drive Delaney off to Harvard!!! Oh, and on a more serious note, Delaney made it back home after our 2 hour adventure WITH BOTH SHOES STILL ON!!! (ok, so maybe that wasn't a "serious note" but it was progress).
Oh, and I also "got word" today that a law may be passed very soon that kids are going to be required to be rear facing until they are two (see, I told you the sales associate was informative). I am just glad Delaney inherited her mom's short legs so that won't be such a problem for her!







No comments:

Post a Comment