Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Oscars

Delaney has been doing so well lately taking regular naps DAILY (and is currently napping---I just know she's dreaming about what dress she wants to wear tonight for the Oscars!) So, I had some Barnes & Noble gift cards from Christmas I thought I would take advantage of......And, if Delaney keeps up with her naps, then maybe I"ll get to start reading some of these.......As you can see, I read a WIDE variety of subjects---don't laugh!! I follow The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog for recipes--try the monkey bread, it's our Christmas staple! I THOUGHT I was ordering Pioneer Woman's cookbook but when it arrived, I discovered I mistakenly ordered her novel---oh well, I'd much rather read than cook anyway! Perhaps once I'm done with the books (2012 if I'm lucky), then I'll get to the ONE AND ONLY baby book I own (I've only made it to page 48).............I started reading this book when Delaney was a newborn, followed its E.A.S.Y. plan for raising a baby (and let me tell you, there wasn't anything "easy" about it) called Julie (a/k/a the "expert) and said "I am not raising my baby by a book" and of course she did what any best friend should do when responding to her post partum friend and said "well then don't"!! And I haven't picked up the book since (but it does look great on the nightstand)!!
Ignore the "blurry" picture below, I didn't have my camera with me (I know, bad blogger!). We got up on Saturday and started getting ready. We had a fun day planned. We went down to I.U. to go to lunch with cousin Cerelle for her 19th birthday!! We were gone 6 hours! It was also Delaney's uncle's birthday but since he lives in California, it's a bit hard to get a picture of him and Delaney! We got to see the sorority house Cerelle will be living in next year. I learned so much about sororities it's like they are their own society! I also learned Delaney will NEVER be going away to college!




No comments:

Post a Comment