Friday, February 25, 2011

Eleven Months

This time next month, Delaney will have graduated to her convertible car seat that we bought today. I am just not ready to take it out of the box...........to tell the truth, it's still sitting in the garage! I'm in complete and total denial. I wasn't sure if I should open it up or........... this instead!!!!! Am I the only mother in America who does not like to see my child "advance"?? Really??? I am??? The little girl on the tag who is sitting in the car seat looks like she's about 5 or 6 and that my friends I simply cannot wrap my mind around!!!!
We had a lazy day today but since Delaney is eleven months now I decided a little child labor was in order!!!
After she woke up from her nap of course (check out that bed head!) You can also see tooth #9 that just made its appearance...if her teeth weren't as sharp as shark's teeth and I could stand to let her bite down on my finger for longer then I could determine if it's one or actually two teeth---I think it is two!! Grandpa, have you made her reservations yet at Ruth's Chris????
It's fun to see Delaney play with her "favorite" things---you know like Oprah! Lately, she has been loving her baby (and yes, we know it's really a glo worm)!

Not sure what "the look" is all about--I tell her to "love her baby" and I get what I get!

I know what you're thinking.............I'm going to go on and on about how I can't believe Delaney Catherine is already 11 months old and say things like "I can't believe she's already 11 months", "where did the time go" or the standard "it seems like just yesterday she was born"...well folks, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!! To say it seems impossible is a MAJOR understatement. Delaney has changed so much just in the last month. Here are some things she's up to:
  • she weighs approximately 20 lbs.
  • she is approximately 29 and 1/2 inches (you do know how hard it is to get an 11 month old to lay still so you can measure her right??)
  • she waves bye bye now (I told her she better learn to wave bye bye to all of her guests or they'll stop coming to see her---Ya Right!)
  • she has FINALLY caught on that babies are suppose to nap. We are really getting into a nap routine, I lay her down everyday usually between 12:30-1:30 and she takes an average of a two hour nap---I just don't know what to do with myself when she naps!! I literally miss her when she naps and check on her constantly! She is usually laying on her belly with her legs tucked up under her with her bottom up--cutest thing EVER!
  • she is down to 3-4 bottles (6 oz.) per day
  • she loves ALL baby food, puffs, and applesauce
  • she's not a big fan of juice (but doesn't turn it down!)
  • she is really starting to play with her toys more and more and not just put them in her mouth
  • she took her first airplane ride in early February
  • she stands completely on her own but still not walking (thank goodness)
  • she is in size 3 diapers (I "graduated" her from the size 2-3) and just recently started using the Earth's Best diapers and I can't believe it took me 11 months to try them out! I love them I am a huge fan of ALL Earth's Best products (and no, this is not a paid advertisement)!!!
  • she has NINE(or maybe ten) teeth............RIDICULOUS!!!
  • she still sleeps an average of 9PM-9AM (lately she's let me put her down before 9:00--we'll see if that keeps up!)

Delaney Catherine,

Well, here you are, 11 months old. You crawl anywhere and everywhere all day long. You pull up on everything and anyday now you are going to take off! It has been so fun this past month watching all of your changes. Your hair is getting so long and thick, your face is slimming and you are growing like a weed! You have a mouth full of teeth! We spend most of our days at home but of course, you have your daily visitors (except for the two days we had an ice storm!). You continue to be such a good eater and sleeper and all around, good baby! You rarely cry which does wonders for this mom's sanity! Of course I would still love you to the moon and back even if you were a fussy baby! YOU ROCK MY WORLD DELANEY CATHERINE!!!

Love, your mommy

1 comment: