Saturday, January 28, 2017

My Little Citizen of Who-Ville

The first day of school, Delaney came home with a ton of papers in her folder. She only cared about one. She pulled it out and said "mommy, this one's for the school play, can you sign me up for it"?
I told her I would sign her up for auditions but the rest was up to her! Little did I know "the rest" meant rehearsals on Friday nights and Saturday mornings FOR FIVE MONTHS!!!! It also included two discs of songs. I should probably insert here that Dr. Seuss isn't a favorite of mine. As in, I don't know the characters except for a few, never read Dr. Seuss books, and I think green eggs sound disgusting!!!!! Nonetheless, I have listened to more Seussical Jr. songs than any person should be subjected to.  All for this moment right here.............

The night before the play, we were talking about how proud I was of her and she told me she was nervous and what if she got stage "frightened". Then Delaney asked me if I would put a note in her lunchbox. (Asking me to do this never takes the fun out of it for her).
The next morning, she said "don't forget my note".
I would have totally forgotten! #oooops

I told her to "break a leg" of course and she told me "everyone kept telling me today to break a leg". One of the cast members really did have a broken leg!

I wasn't just proud of Delaney, all of these kids (K-8) put on a great performance!
They were treated to a "cast party" after the show complete with popcorn and ice cream.


This little Who never missed a rehearsal and bounced around singing and dancing for five months. She was just so excited to be in the school play.
She had tears in her eyes after we got home and tried to tell me they were just watery.
I said Delaney "you didn't see him, but I did, your daddy was there".............

1 comment:

  1. Ugh....teared up on that last sentence. She did so good! I was honored to be a part of that!

    ReplyDelete