Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Kids are expensive (no matter what age)

Delaney made a list of the things her babies need. And since they're her babies, she got to use her money! At least she's learning early how expensive babies are :-) Although I don't think you can ever really prepare yourself!! Like whenever we drive by a nail salon I hear "mommy, can I get a pedicure".......I just laugh as I drive on by.

Speaking of how expensive kids are.....

To My Future Teenage Daughter,

When we go prom dress shopping (I am going to go ahead and assume you'll be dragging me along--$$) and you find a dress you like for $700, just go ahead and put it back on the rack 'cause "that ain't ever gonna happen". Unless of course you saved up your money from your part time job. The other day my friend and I were shopping and a young girl and her mom were buying a prom dress and the cashier said "that will be $745". I gave my friend the "um.....did I just hear that correctly look" and it turns out, I DID!

The conversation then went like this:

Mom "Since when, we have always just put down like $100 and then I paid on it each week"
Cashier "Our policy is half down and you have to have it paid off 30 days before prom"
Mom "I can't do that, I'm not even working (friends, I can't even make up this stuff, she said that!) and I don't go back to work until next week". I am quite sure at this point, she was standing there waiting for the cashier to change their policy!
Teenage daughter "Mom, maybe this is a sign, I wasn't in love with that dress anyway" YEP, STILL NOT MAKING THIS UP......now, "if" I were the parent who spent $700 on a prom dress I am pretty sure Delaney would be "in love" with it so much she would be sleeping in it for the rest of her life!!!

They left. No dress.

I already know I am going to love the future teenager you'll be. You are larger than life and before I know it, we won't be picking out stuff for your baby dolls and we'll be trying on prom dresses
Much, Much, cheaper prom dresses!

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. I've learned about this whole dress thing the last couple years. One girl went to Chicago and bought a dress for $1,000 and never went to prom. Another girl just got a dress for $400. One mom told us she paid $500 for 2 daughter's dresses and I learned later they were actually borrowed. Both of my sisters WEDDING dresses were less than $400. Kindley will be given a $100 budget. EFFFFFF that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the real question is....why is she writing out her list on a PINK notepad!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete