Monday, June 13, 2016

No "e" on the end

I love having this little space to share stories for Delaney to eventually read like how on the night Dave proposed, we went to one of our favorite festivals and how I went to it the other night and as we were walking up, my friend's band was playing the song we danced to at our wedding (Dave picked it).

And how I was at the furniture store today giving my name to the sales girl and as I was spelling my last name and telling her there is no "e" on the end, she told me she grew up with a guy who spelled it just like that and his first name was Dave and did I happen to know him.  Why yes, and as a matter of fact............................
And then she told me I looked like I was in my 30's (she and I were both the same age) and then I just wanted to give her a great big hug but of course I was running late to pick up Delaney Newsom (no "e" on the end) from VBS.

No luck on the furniture (probably because I walked in and said I need two end tables that do not match---I prefer to coordinate, that are part light wood, part metal and need to be 24 inches tall with storage).  She told me she liked a customer who knew what they were looking for! She probably likes them better if they find it in her store.  I didn't get any tables but I walked out feeling like I got something so much better. 

1 comment:

  1. Just finished getting caught up on all of you posts. You have been busy. Love the story of the girl that new David. You never know.

    ReplyDelete