Friday, December 13, 2013

It Ain't Her First Rodeo............

In keeping with our Christmas 2013 theme, we are way ahead of schedule this year (by our standards AND if you don't count shopping). So we headed to the mall today to see this guy. Delaney assured me she was going to sit on his lap (but I got ready anyway just in case, cause momma ain't getting stuck in a Santa picture with bad hair!).  "We" had it narrowed down to three dresses and decided on this one!  Now,....going to see Santa is a MAJOR event when you have an entourage of people who love you.  The date has to be carefully selected around grandparents' schedules, we do NOT go to the mall on the weekends--EVER, and the perfect Christmas dress has to be chosen, and there's lots of texting and phone calls and emails. I am talking which entrance we are meeting at and of course where we will eat lunch after such a stressful trip! So, once that was all decided, and we were an HOUR late leaving, there was nothing stopping us from seeing this guy......
(notice she got her sucker BEFORE sitting on his lap--Santa, you are such a "sucker")

And I mean NOTHING......now that's my kind of line....the one that doesn't exist!

Here is what I said 2 seconds before these were taken "Delaney, let's take our picture".  This girl cracks me up.  I joked and said "wonder what she would do if I told her to make a silly face"!!!! Lord.Help.Me is all I gotta say!
 Delaney RAN to sit on Santa's lap---TOO BAD THERE WAS ALREADY A LITTLE GIRL SITTING ON IT!!  After a quick lesson in "it's not your turn", she was on his lap faster than you can say "I want a red ryder bb gun" which of course she doesn't! 

Then we made our stop at the sleigh at Von Maur and all agreed the tree had been "moved" away from the sleigh due to a little girl who may or may not have broken A LOT of glass bulbs a few years back. This is Delaney singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" to THE ENTIRE STORE.....as I said "Lord.Help.Me"

Then it was home for nap time because even Santa doesn't trump nap time!
Then mom was off to learn she needs new tires.  Maybe Delaney asked Santa for them???

So as I was typing this post, Delaney yelled "mommy, come tuck me in".  I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE PUT HERSELF TO BED!!!  (Mental Note: keep a better eye on your daughter) She keeps asking me what I want for Christmas...is she kidding? What in the world could I need but that precious little girl (unless you count those tires Santa)!

2 comments: