Monday, May 10, 2010

1st Mother's Day

Thank you everyone for the text messages, phone calls and.......................... My Mother's day started early (as in 4:00 a.m.) when Delaney woke up. I walked into her nursery and boy did it stink. I thought "oh good, she did a #2 (lately she hasn't been having many #2's so I get overly excited when she does ha ha!).....I was right. Now, this little "present" she left me didn't smell near as good as the next one.....................Delaney got me some beautiful pink flowers.
Speaking of diapers, our little girl has "graduated" from newborn to size 1. Boy are they bigger than the newborns (and to be quite honest, she probably could have gone into size 1's a week or so ago but I wasn't "ready"). I look at these and think what's next---college applications! ha!
So are you wondering what we did on Mother's Day?????---dad worked so Delaney and I took that as our opportunity to go A.W.O.L. We took grandma Cathy to brunch at Stone Creek!! This was Delaney's first "public appearance" and she did great.

Delaney woke up and wanted to wear what else PINK. She decided since it was a little chilly out, she'd wear her pink Juicy Couture velour outfit (purchased by her dad before she was born). Let it be known that I don't even have Juicy Couture clothes!

I thought the bib was appropriate on Mother's Day!!!


It was high time we "initiate" Delaney. We started at Macy's.....

And then headed to Von Maur. Delaney woke up when we walked into Von Maur so I told her dad it must mean it's her favorite store (like mother like daughter like grandma)!!! Her dad said that is just fine with him as long as it's not Victoria's Secret!!


We went immediately to our favorite department----SHOES (p.s. Dad, we're just letting you know that Kenneth Cole makes baby shoes) WHO KNEW??????

Delaney enjoyed her day out and here's what she did when we got home..............


Delaney Catherine,
I could spend the rest of my life just staring at you...........................


My Cup Runneth Over...............................









3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally got to get out!! Remind me again why David won't let you out....he can't keep you quarantined forever:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECAUSE HE'S AFRAID SOMEONE WILL KIDNAP HER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm glad to hear you and Delaney got to get out and best of all got to go shopping. I'm sure she will love shopping like her mommy, what girl doesn't? Glad you had a great first Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete