Monday, October 1, 2018

My Star Student

Happy October!!!

a/k/a the BEST month of the year.

(sidenote: I wanted to get married in October but "someone" waited until June to propose)......

I woke up almost giddy that it was October (well that, and the fact I was headed to Target after drop off). And then I was headed to the car dealership because of some pesky little light that kept coming on about low oil, shut off engine. I am religious about oil changes so I was pretty sure it was just a sensor or even worse, major engine trouble because you know, my car is just shy of 100,000 miles when everything goes wrong! My mechanic (another sidenote: he is the husband of the girl who fixed Dave and I up) came out and said "you need an oil change AND NEW TIRES". I told him those tires are only 4 years old and I don't go anywhere! Dave's friend reminded me of all my Target Trips :-)

Play practice is in full swing and started this weekend. Delaney had a play date on Saturday for 7 hours and it was glorious I tell you. I picked her up and the mom said "Delaney told me she wants a Chrysler Pacifica". My daughter is obsessed with getting one. It's ALL she talks about. So much that we had a conversation (which was really me yelling at her) that I didn't want to hear one more word about a Chrysler Pacifica because it was never going to happen. So now when we see one Dave's daughter points and says "there's the car I'm not allowed to talk about".........

Delaney is the student of the week so she and grandma got busy on her poster. I dropped her off this morning and told my student of the week to have a great day and she asked me if I could just call her my daughter, Delaney. 

Her poster says she wants to be a doctor or a teacher. I told her after consuming my life with so many play practices she better change that to an actress!


Well, I am off now to do all things pumpkin!!! Just kidding, I am going to pick up a new gas grill because I am too lazy to clean ours across town!

Happy Fall!
Fall la la la la la la la la
Fallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment