Thursday, July 27, 2017

Florida 2017- Part Four

Delaney doing a headstand in the pool. The kids loved swimming at night (until we made them get out so the adults could play Cards Against Humanity). We played the entire box!
Why is that game so inappropriately funny???
 
 A quick break for an ice cream sundae!
We had a sundae bar each night "for the kids"
 Delaney and I went for our pre-vacation mani/pedi and she was (for some reason), telling the guy doing her nails "we rented this hideous, I mean hideous, van for our trip".

As you can see, it was pretty hideous! It was quickly named "the storm trooper".
It had 40 miles on it when we picked it up at the airport and not many more than that when we returned it! It pretty much sat in the driveway all week.


 Just another poolside sundae...."for the kids of course".
 Oh hello, gorgeous water!! I can't get enough....
One of my favorite memories of the week was when we were in the ocean and Delaney said "mommy, I think I see Pumps" (Our favorite cast member of Sweet Home Oklahoma). #proudmom

 I spent the entire week slathering sunscreen on Delaney so she wouldn't get burnt!


This makes me think of the saying "Beach Hair, Don't Care"
(Actually, I do care, I just didn't have room to pack a hair dryer, flat iron, curling iron, etc.)
Those things just aren't vacation priorities to me like the ridiculous amount of flip flops I was just sure I'd wear (And yes, my suitcase was over the weight limit again....)
 Remember that dress I got at Chandelier Barn Market?????? Totally worth going up to a complete stranger and asking her where she got it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment