Saturday, May 14, 2016

"A Special Place In This World"...............

Delaney had a birthday party for one of her classmates that she was so excited to go to. In fact, four hours before the party, she started asking me how much longer......and then one hour before the party, this happened!


So we pulled out some winter clothes to get her ready and she came home with a full hair, nails, and face makeover! She marched right into the bathroom to take off her nail polish (or, as she calls it "pol nalish") on her thumb so she could suck it ---- that will stop soon right?????
Then she went on and on how she won all of the games because my land she is her father's daughter and inherited his competitive spirit........I loved her hair in curls but you all know how I feel about a curling iron.
I know she had a great time because she came home with a goody bag and chips stuck in her scarf!
And then she told me it's not fair that Brooklyn has a dad AND A DOG! Then I had to remind her that she does have a dad and that she is allergic to dogs :-)
And as if that conversation didn't have me on the verge of tears.....this one sure did!

As I was walking in the party to pick up Delaney (and WHY do those two hours go by so fast) one of the other moms that I don't know stopped me on the front porch and said "are you Delaney's mom, I just have to tell you that smile of her's lights up the world. My husband volunteered in class the other day and he came home talking about this little girl's smile and I knew right away he was talking about Delaney. I know as a mom you need to hear this so I just want you to know that there is a special place in this world for your little girl".................

I don't even know how to finish this post because I am still just overwhelmed that a complete stranger said this to me.  So I'll just go wash off Delaney's eye shadow and mascara...........................

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing to hear.I know you Love that. Everyone knows her by her smile. And yes she is competitive like her dad and he wouldn't have given in easy..if he would.
    There is a special place in this world for her..and it is now. Love her...

    ReplyDelete