Monday, October 12, 2015

Here Comes the......

Flower Girl






Delaney's Dream Has Come True.......She was the flower girl in a wedding! And I felt like the mother of the bride! I know, it's not exactly the same but it was very stressful being the mother of the flower girl. I mean, we all know having little kids in your wedding can make or break the ceremony!  In true Delaney form, she nailed it! In the picture above, she stopped halfway down the aisle to pose and then she waived (which I did not capture on camera but it was so stinkin cute!)

Let's start with the bride's awesome shower (which was held at a venue that does not allow kids)....

Or so they thought.......






Now back to the wedding day, which was a gorgeous, hot, sunny day in October!














Now onto the reception.............
(the mother of the bride, the real one, told me they had 200 mints on the tables.  I am pretty sure Delaney ate 190 of them)!
























I told Delaney I wanted to go outside and take our picture.  She took off running.

Literally..............









The week before the wedding, when I would tell Delaney "no", she would reply "you can't tell the flower girl "no".  I'm so glad that no longer applies!  She woke up on the morning of the wedding and said "now where will I be getting ready today". I told her in a GMC (we were coming from a birthday party and were on a tight schedule). I think she thought she was getting the bridal suite to get ready in before the wedding!  Before the ceremony, she kept saying "when do I get to walk". At the receptiom, she leaned into me and said "mommy, I think I like the rehearsal better" (solely because of the food).  At the end of the night she said "I want to stay for the whole party".  I told her to look around, we were the party! She can outlast her momma at anything! Instead of calling the bride Ashlee, or "the bride" she kept calling her "the wife"............ 


When the bride was on her way to her honeymoon, she sent me these....
I'm in love!!!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful flower girl! Just knew she would do a great job. Wedding sure looked fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Such neat ideas for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete