Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Picture Day

Delaney's class had to bring in a baby picture so they can guess who's who. After much thought, she chose this one. I'm hoping she didn't choose it so Oscar can see her in a bathing suit.....
I can remember the day I took this, it of course seems like it was yesterday!!!  

They also had to tell why we named them what we did. Naming your child is so hard. Especially when your husband shoots down ALL of your names (speaking from experience of course). One day David said he'd come up with a "good Irish name".  I was over it so I just said okay!! 

Everyone always tells Delaney she has a pretty name. One of the contractors at our house the other day told her she has the prettiest name he's ever heard. I'm guessing he let his wife name their daughter!!  LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!!

Just last night this happened...a man came up to Delaney and told her how pretty her eyes are (which also happened last week at a funeral). The man asked her her name and little miss personality told him to guess! He said "well I don't need to guess because I bet your daddy calls you beautiful".  And, he's right! Everyday her daddy held her and said "Delaney Catherine, you are sooooo beautiful".  The girl's gonna have a big head to go with her big eyes!!!!!!  And then the man proceeded to give Delaney his business card. He was a minister to truck drivers!!! I really can't make up this stuff friends....



3 comments:

  1. Love this picture. I remember that day. Miss Personality..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delaney, you picked a good picture; but there are so many good ones to choose from. Yes, your daddy picked a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cracking up! Minister to truck drivers?!

    ReplyDelete