Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It's no secret Delaney's daddy was, well, "a lunatic" when it came to her. Not a day goes by that I don't think and (ultimately laugh) at some crazy thing he said or would be saying. Today it was the particular Wal-Mart I took her to versus the one "across town" her grandma recommended that was "nicer" if that is an adjective you can use when you are talking about Wal-Mart. One of the things HE decided (while I was pregnant) was where she would be going to school. And, as I can vividly remember those conversations and thinking how far away 5 years would be....well, Father Time has caught up and tonight, this mom went to Delaney's kindergarten orientation (after I made an emergency trip to the mall for a new cardigan---I have no idea what "almost 40" kindergarten moms are suppose to wear!). 

Can you believe MY GIRL IS ABOUT TO ENROLL IN KINDERGARTEN!!!  

Delaney exclusively talks about kindergarten and college. I don't know if she is aware about ALL of the grades in between! Her aunt Catherine asked me if she would be going all day everyday and the answer is YES! It is going to be LIFE ALTERING FOLKS!  And I'm not just talking about the fact Delaney has to be there at 8:00 AM!!! I can be sad and say all of the cliches we hear so often but the truth is, I am excited for this next season in our lives. I try hard not to look back, after all, it's not the direction we're headed.........
Kindergarten is where we're headed (albeit at 8:00 AM)!


It's not hard to figure out why he was such a lunatic when it came to Delaney, if I loved her anymore, I would have to clone myself.............


No comments:

Post a Comment