Friday, March 1, 2013

"The Morning After"

I was hoping to get up before Delaney this morning (I can't believe I just typed that) so I could get a picture of her in her bed but that of course didn't happen.  So, this is going to be a boring blog post without a picture....I realize you may have just stopped reading!!  Last night went MUCH better than expected (despite some people taking bets on what time Delaney would actually fall asleep)! I put her to bed at her 9:00 bedtime and minutes later she was up and standing in the hallway.  I forced myself off the sofa and put her back in bed and decided to lay with her for a minute. She told me to read her a story (which meant "tell" her a story) but before I could, she started telling me one.  It was about a princess, a castle, and I think a rooster. Boy can that girl tell a story!  I decided laying there was boring and I was missing my show so I got up and tried not to make a big deal about the fact I wasn't coming back!  The next thing I heard was "I need my other slippers"......So I took her her Barbie slippers (thanks Holly).  After awhile, she still wasn't asleep. But she was still in her bed (or at least her room).  I went in one more time and realized she had taken stuff off her walls!  At 10:30 I sent an email that said "pretty sure she's asleep but I'm afraid to go check"!!!  At 11:00, I tip toed into her room and saw she had gotten up and put her robe and her winter coat in bed with her .....Perhaps she thought she was going to sneak out of the house!!

This morning at 8:50 (before the allowed wake up time I might add) Delaney opened my door and said "mommy, I need grambled eggs"............So obviously, she wasn't too traumatized from sleeping in her new bed.  I asked her what she dreamed about and she told me monsters and then told me how much she loves monsters!  This kid is so weird!

Today will be her first day of taking a nap in her bed so I am hoping it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment