Thursday, July 7, 2016

Fun Fourth

We kicked off the holiday weekend at the lake. Delaney drove the boat (eyes closed because why not), caught a fish (mom didn't get a picture), and saw fireworks. Delaney was glowing herself....
We made our favorite 4th of July dessert
 To go with this......
Silly Selfies.....

I had a feeling the weather would hold out for our annual party and even though I had a plan B (garage party) and C (basement party) it turned out to be a great time and it didn't rain until 11:00 pm a/k/a when people left! Everything went as planned (which is just how this type A likes it).

We let off a lantern....

Delaney had the idea to make goody bags for the kids with all of the candy she got at a 4th of July parade.....

In honor of the Nathan's hot dog competition (which the guys watched on tv) we had Nathan's hot dogs....(and bbq for those of us who have an aversion to hot dogs)

And I am pretty sure the guys had the most fun with the fireworks. We made women and children get on the deck for some (and as Jenny put it we are pretty sure there is a hole to China in my backyard)!

I didn't take many pictures (a sign of a great party)!

This is one of my favorite parties with some of my favorite people!! I think one of the best things about our party this year was what didn't happen...no one text me to see if the party was cancelled!!! 

1 comment: