Tuesday, August 6, 2013

1st Day of Pre-K3

I thought it would be a good idea for the week leading up to Pre-K to start getting in the routine of getting up early........
But it was just a thought.........it didn't happen.  

In fact, yesterday morning, Delaney slept past 9:30 so I was a little worried how this morning was going to go.  SURPRISE, leave it to Delaney to wake up at 7:15 on her own.  You know that whole "Never Wake A Sleeping Baby" thing, I have carried it over to "Never Wake A Sleeping Toddler".  

Getting ready went smoothly (much more so than getting the obligatory pictures)



How did I go 35 years without this girl??????

And we were off (at exactly the time I wanted to leave--insert "that never happens"!)

 Delaney's poorly laminated name tag for pickup!

Delaney walked into her classroom....

Put away her backpack.....

Put on her name tag.........

And asked if she could go play!!! Yep, that's right, there were no tears, there was no separation anxiety, NOTHING, NADA!!!!

As you know from orientation last week, I was 100% confident with the school and what it provided (excluding the early start time).  When I left today, I knew Delaney was in good hands.  Then I noticed another mother was crying all the way back to her car!!! And then it hit me...WHAT ON EARTH HAVE I DONE???????  I have just left my daughter in the care of COMPLETE AND TOTAL STRANGERS that's what I've done!  WHO DOES THAT? Is it even legal?  Does anyone do background checks on these people???? So I put my car in park and decided to just wait for her---I mean it's just 3 and 1/2 hours and that's why God invented social media and the Kindle App right??????

Ok so maybe that didn't happen (however, I did have a couple of friends who asked if I ever left--how funny is that??? THEY ARE MY PEOPLE!)

I couldn't wait for pickup! And yes, I took this picture, there is no shame in this mom's game.  Once Delaney saw my car, she started jumping up and down and yelling "mommy".  I didn't want to interrogate her once she got in the car and her teacher had already told me she had a good day so I just said "are you ready to go home for lunch" and she said "I want butter noodles and to go for a swim".  My plan sounded more like butter noodles and a nap!
Delaney got home to surprise balloons from grandma!

Another "obligatory" post school picture....

A quick trip for a strawberry shake!

And then she got her dip in the pool!!

I don't have a lot to report from today because like a typical kid, I got the "mommy, I don't want to talk about school anymore".  Delaney did tell me a boy cried and when I asked her why, she said "I think because he loves his mommy and daddy".  I guess I won't take it personally then that Delaney didn't cry!  She said she told him he didn't need to cry but then he just cried again!

I had a friend call today who just so happened to be driving by Delaney's school and noticed some kids were out on recess----I don't need to finish this sentence do I????

Delaney, someday you'll be reading this post so I wanted to share with you how many people called, text, and emailed last night and today.  Apparently, going to Pre-K is an even bigger deal than I thought! You were completely worn out today when you got home.  After lunch, you went down for a 2 and 1/2 hour nap.  I may or may not have napped myself.  I was afraid to while you were in school because no way was I going to be the mom who slept through picking up my kid on the first day!!!!

When your great aunts were texting last night wishing us luck for today, I told them I was 99.9% certain you were going to have a great time and do just great today!!! 

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself................

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! And isn't it funny that they just kinda go in and you are pushed away? :o) We get to church (aka school) and they immediately run to their rooms and don't even say anything. It makes me feel good though, that they love going there and their friends and teachers. Happy 1st Day of school, Delaney!

    ReplyDelete